::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2003, 03:26 PM   #1
aemfreak

What Next????

ok i just bought an Aem short ram intake....right now i got 200 left..and i dont know what to get next...i could get...Carbon fiber altezzas and clear corners...or an aem fuel rail or something...underbody lights? Dc sports battery tie down and somethin else a skunk 2 short shifter??? help me out..thanks
Old 07-22-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
Sol's Eye

Looks like the only thing on your list that would get you anywhere would be the Skunk2 short shifter.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:22 PM   #3
aemfreak

yeah but give me some other ideas..i just pulled a couples things out of no where...i want to know what you think...hit me back
Old 07-23-2003, 12:40 AM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

SKUNK 2 SHORT SHIFTER!!!
Or Uhhhh what else....Save your money.
Stay away from the altezza's.
Believe me....after a while..your regret getting them. Take advice from someone who knows

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:51 AM   #5
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Del Sol

Stay away from the altezza's.

Nuff said. If you want to do something right now, then the short shifter is probably your best bet. But if you save your money, you can get a lot better upgrades. And of course what those upgrades will be depends on what you want to do with your car. Drag, auto-X, or show (yes, that is a legitimate option).
Old 07-23-2003, 01:25 PM   #6
aemfreak

some race...(street) and show mostly..limited driving though..
Old 07-23-2003, 02:39 PM   #7
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by aemfreak
some race...(street)

First tip? Scratch that idea. Street racing is just bad news for everyone, whether you are involved or not. Keep it off the streets, and you'll not only keep your car and yourself in better condition longer, you'll also have more fun.

Quote:
Originally posted by aemfreak
show mostly..limited driving though..

Unfortunately, show and race don't mix very well. Most show stuff just adds weight, which takes away from performance. Plus, if you race a show car and wreck it, none of the parts will be salvageable. If you build a race car and wreck it, you have a chance of salvaging some of your investment (engine, turbo, possible suspension, etc.). So basically, if you want to build a show car, you won't be racing it. And if you want to build a race car, you probably won't be pulling in many show trophies. Unless you have more money than god and can afford both.

If you go into show, some suggestions for upgrades to save up for are a kit, a drop, rims, and paint. Keep it clean and lay off the "ice" though.

If you go into race, things to save for are an engine swap (you'll probably need one, that d16 won't get you far if you want serious competition), a turbo kit, engine management, fuel system upgrades, etc.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:16 PM   #8
aemfreak

thanks..im not going to do much racing..just when me and friends go up...for kicks..by then ill have a jackson racing superchargers...i dont think ill have too much trouble taking the local rice..