Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2003, 03:28 PM   #1
stevem5000

CRV for daughter

Hi guys...first time poster...

My daughter just creamed her car, '87 Accord hatch...loved the car!!!...252,000 miles on it...Now I need to help her get another...

She is a soph in college, near Detroit, but we live in St Louis...so she has a need for some 4wd stuff in the snow, and space to pack all her junk...she's a music major and has guitars, violas, violines, computers etc to pack and move...

Am thinking a CRV, older one, but don't know when they first came out...or what the reliability record is on the older units...

I assume it's basically the same 4 banger as in the Accords...tough little engines...what about the rest of the vehicle???

Can anyone "enlighten" me on the pros and cons of a CRV???

Thanx
Steve
Old 07-18-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
blind34_1

as for the engine yes its still a four banger, but more power. not sure on the numbers though, but being an SUV those numbers aren't too important anyway. doing a quikc google search it looks like the CRV came out in 1997, and kept the same engine, b20b, until 1998, then switched b20z, from then on.

as for pros and cons, I couldn't tell ya. As an SUV goes its one of the ones I tolerate more. you can't go wrong its still a honda.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 12:34 PM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

It kind of all depends on what you like man. I mean we all could sit and discuss what would be better. I would personally say the SUV, because of all the "junk" she has, but maybe an accord would be better. The B20Z out of the new CRV is a great engine. I want it. But to boost it that is.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote