::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2003, 12:37 PM   #1
Slody 4 Futbol

Anyone runnin Planet Audio?¿?

Hey, I'm about to start building my system, as of last week it consisted of 4 6½" Roadmaster speakers runnin off the stock tape deck

I just bought a Panasonic MP3 player and now I'm ready for a good 4-channel amp and speakers. I plan on running a good component set up front and some 2 way coaxials in the back. I was looking on ebay at some Focal components for like $180-$200. But I was thinking about it and they dont' come with a warranty and I want to hear them first even tho I don't doubt the quality of Focal. But yesterday I was at a pet store looking for a snake and I left and saw this audio store across the street. I went in and they had a LOT of Planet Audio speakers. They said they could get the Planet Audio Zetar Z12 for $199 which I thought was a great price considerin everywhere else I found was at least $240. Also they had a component set that running off a Alpine Deck sounded SO clear even when turned WAYYY up. The mid and tweeter were so clear and were not muddy at all. I was just wondering if anyone else here was running Planet Audio so I could get more opinions on these because I'm going to get them in the next month or 2.
What amp should I get? I want something around 65 to 85 watts RMS x 4. I had 2 US Acoustics amps which I heard were GREAT amps for the money but I never got 2 use them because I sold them. Anyone have any experience with them? I planned on not going over $1500 and I've already spent $285 on the deck so I have $1215 left for front & rear speakers... sound deadening... amps and sub.