::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2002, 10:14 PM   #1
foxygrandma

broken timing belt, bent valves?

i am looking to buy a 91 crx si. the timing belt is broken and i am wondering if the valves hit the pistons. does anyone know if they wil hit on that motor. i need to know asap. any help is appretiated
Old 08-10-2002, 11:46 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

answer in the my car is broken forum

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 06:50 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well, compression test it, if it dosnt hold compression, its either got bent valves leaking head gasket or bad piston rings. theres a chance they wont bend, but theres a chance they will.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 09:04 PM   #4
foxygrandma

i bought the car anyway. hopefully nothing is wrong. if so i am off to the junk yard for an engine. i have had pretty goo luck there.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:24 AM   #5
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by foxygrandma
i bought the car anyway. hopefully nothing is wrong. if so i am off to the junk yard for an engine. i have had pretty goo luck there.
I got here late..but keep us informed....

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 06:31 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

usually hondas that get in a junk yard are not there for engine problems, any other shit but not the engine

Old 08-14-2002, 07:19 AM   #7
foxygrandma

hopefully i can let you know what kind of shape the engine is in today.the car is being delivered today. cant wait to get it, i havent been able to sleep since i bought it. lol. i have a motor swap in mind for the future but that will be at least 6 months. i eed it as a daily driver. i work off commision an with how slow things are lately my bimer is too expensive.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:52 AM   #8
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

just buy a ZC or a old b16a they go for under 1500 and have ALOT more power than anything that comes stock in a crx.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 09:18 PM   #9
foxygrandma

eventally i plan to put a b18 in with a turbo. but for now justfor basic transportation i a going to find something easy and reliable untill i can afford to do that. when i do it i am going to do it right with a complete rebuild wih balanced crank and things of the like. so that will be at least 6 months, so i have to do the cheap thing for a while.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:09 AM   #10
foxygrandma

ok, i found out that all the intake valves were bent. its all fixed and running great. i cant believe how much fun this car is to drive. i have been driving an 84 bmx 318i for the past year and now that im back in a honda i am a million times happier. i really like the bimmer but the crx is so much fun to drive. damn thing barks the tires going into 3rd!!!! and its all stock.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:31 AM   #11
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
ok, i found out that all the intake valves were bent. its all fixed and running great. i cant believe how much fun this car is to drive. i have been driving an 84 bmx 318i for the past year and now that im back in a honda i am a million times happier. i really like the bimmer but the crx is so much fun to drive. damn thing barks the tires going into 3rd!!!! and its all stock.
Good to hear..!!!!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 09-08-2002, 07:05 PM   #12
B16A2DelSlo

That timing belt problem just happened to my friend. I find it hilarious since he just put that engine in after blowing his other one. His car is slowly turning into a piece of crap. He owns a 95 del sol and his carbon fiber hood is all patches of scratches, and his really ugly aluminum wing is off center about 3 inches to the right. Well I just bought my 93 del sol s and i love it. Way more fun than a crx i think. I wanted a crx for a while but then this car came up, and i jumped on it. I'm thinking that a jdm b16a2 would be my best choice. (that is a ways away yet because i am doing more mods to the stereo, body, and overall appearance first) well laters.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:16 AM   #13
foxygrandma

i hear that the del sol's are kinda heavy. i would think you could make a crx faster. i considered getting a del sol but then i ended up getting a bmw 318i. it was a lot of fun but way too much money. the crx is just as fast and can be worked on with a lot less money.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:00 PM   #14
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Del Sols are heavier......
as for the JDM B16A2 comment...there is no such thing as that engine....the USDM is a B16A2...but the JDM is just a B16A

Old 09-11-2002, 01:02 PM   #15
B16A2DelSlo

My Bad. And well, I was looking around and i found one somewhere. Must have been trying to rip peeps off. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:10 PM   #16
B16A2DelSlo

Well the del sol is a heavier car. Factory weight I think is 2300 lb. And I meant to put my car down as an Si. How can I change that? I wanted a CRX for a while and then this car came up, and I think I won't ever get rid of it. What kind of engines are in the del sol si's? I looked to find it but there is too much stuff blocking my view, and i dont want to rip it up just to find out. Thanks
Old 09-11-2002, 01:42 PM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think you have a d16 something

http://4thgenaccord.8m.net/enginecodes.htm

Old 09-16-2002, 08:45 AM   #18
crxb16hybrid

I would say piss on the b16a go for the gsr motor.....this kid i know has one and dam that thing screams......But on the other note they are preety heavy but fun to drive my moms has a 94 I drive it now and again for a little change in things......Well any whooooo hope you enjoy your new ride and good luck on it....

Oh also check in sports compact they had a bad ass del sol in there ....That should give you some ideas...