::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2002, 12:25 AM   #1
xunkn0vvnx

How to race an Automatic ?

How do you race an automatic from a dead stop at a streetlight ?? Keep it in D4 ?? Put in Neutral, rev, then drop into D4 ?? or go from Low gear to D3 to D4 ??
Old 02-08-2002, 12:55 AM   #2
tightteg52

Re: How to race an Automatic ?

Quote:
Originally posted by xunkn0vvnx
How do you race an automatic from a dead stop at a streetlight ?? Keep it in D4 ?? Put in Neutral, rev, then drop into D4 ?? or go from Low gear to D3 to D4 ??

most efective way and quickest to kill your tranny is the n-drop but one or two times and say bye bye tranny! the do it yourself works pretty well but can be hard on tranny also the safest way is to keep it in d4
Old 02-08-2002, 03:07 AM   #3
azn_nite_ryder

pls do yourself and everyone a favour.... dont do anything you just mentioned cuz it will kill the tranny big time and thats big $$$$
if you seriously want to shift while racing (on the track of course ) your better off buying a standard cuz in the long run it will make more sense to drop a couple of g's into another car than it is to replace the busted parts.....

but if you really want to race in an automatic... the best way to do it is keep it in D and press dwon on the brakes... at the same time step on the gas at high rpm's then just release the brakes.... you'll be up in that power band..... but its still not good for the car.... once in a while is not as bad tho....
Old 02-08-2002, 04:38 AM   #4
accordboy00

thats usually what I do, only I dont rev to high rpm's. I hold the brakes and rev to about 2 rpm. That gives me enough power to take off immeadiately when the light turns. From there I floor it and let the auto tranny do all the work. My 2000 Accord redlines evey gear at 6250rpm, so manually shifting doesn't help too much
Old 02-08-2002, 08:56 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

you can put it in d3 and do the brake stuff. it will change a bit later and you will see that you are a bit faster, then oince you hit 45 throw it on d4

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 10:20 AM   #6
HoOn

I start at D1 then work my way up to D4 at higher speeds is that okay? I sometimes drive this way because I miss my stick shift and my friends sitting at the back always think its a manual. =)
Old 02-08-2002, 03:40 PM   #7
accordboy00

Apparantly that will demolish your tranny. Read the thread titled 4 speed manual.