Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2004, 10:45 AM   #1
thermal
Banning Machine

...and the rebuild commences...

I just got off the phone with a few friends. I got a killer deal on AEBS sleeves + bore + hone. I might be driving down to North Carolina to RLZ performance this weekend. I had to get a loan for this crap tho . I should be getting a set of pistons/rods also. Here's my wish list:
-84mm flat dish pistons Wiseco
-Manley/Full-race rods
-AEBS sleeves
-Precision 1000cc injectors
-AEM C2di
-Boostfed FPR
-Golden Eagle fuel rail
-LoveFab SST equal length manifold
-Precission SC61 turbo
-3 bar map sesnor
-Turbonetics/Spearco half radiator

I'm gonna reassemble everything together myself. Goal is to hit 500-550 whp.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:54 PM   #2
JDMFantasy2k

shouldn't you run a bigger hairdryer if you want hp numbers like that? I figured a t3/t4 hybrid would be better suited, no?

How streetable is it gonna be once you're done? it's gonna be sick
Old 09-24-2004, 06:02 PM   #3
thermal
Banning Machine

My T3T04e 57t/.63 AR is not big enough. A T3/60-1 and Precission SC61 is way bigger man. It's gonna be streetable no doubt.

BTW: My friend has a maxrev manifold he wants to sell. Let me know if you want it and for how much. He pretty much just wants to get rid of it. Let me know man....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-24-2004, 07:15 PM   #4
mcruz
2nd Gear

just to ask what car are you going to put that in

FOCUSHARD
mcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16

BTW: My friend has a maxrev manifold he wants to sell. Let me know if you want it and for how much. He pretty much just wants to get rid of it. Let me know man....

VERY VERY INTERESTED

i can't find them anywhere for a good deal, i remember seeing one on ebay (i believe it was azcivic's friend) but i forgot when it ended and missed it.

Ask him how much he wants for it and what his methods of payment are because i need that manifold! thanks arnel.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:01 AM   #6
AzCivic

DAMN! you're gonna need drag radials for street tires, and a good set of slicks for the track. are you gonna be able to keep A/C? Good luck on your sick ass setup!
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:45 AM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

JDM, I'll tell my friend about the manifold.

Az, I never had A/C on my Teg. It's just that my Fluidyne radiator is a full size, so to compensate for that, I had to use an A/C compatible turbo manifold. now I'm gonna get rid of the full size and deal with a half size dual core in order to get an equal lenght turbo manifold and a biger turbo.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-25-2004, 03:18 AM   #8
AzCivic

I see. do you drag race much? i'd think w/ the ITR gearing and that much power you'd be well into 5th gear by the end of the 1/4.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:44 AM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

I do give that sort of impression to people.... As long as I have been doing this, I havent been on the track as a driver. My kills are on the streets and not very proud to say that neither... I just cant stand it when I get bullied on the road. However I dont drive and huntdown a "kill". I just enjoy the acceleration when I need to use it. Next season will be different tho. i will go to track and see what this Teg can do. Gotta get off the streets. I have been lucky so far..... street racing is so dumb.

oh yeah, i dont have an ITR tranny. I'm using a B16A2 tranny with a quaife LSD and ITR flywheel.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-25-2004, 08:25 AM   #10
AzCivic

yeah no one can just not race on the street ever, thats where its most fun.

you should go to the track before and after this build to compare.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:11 AM   #11
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
yeah no one can just not race on the street ever, thats where its most fun.

you should go to the track before and after this build to compare.

He he he..... I tried going to the track but my third gear went from a minor grind to a point where I couldnt get it in gear....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-25-2004, 11:20 AM   #12
JDMFantasy2k

yo therm, runnin a half size radiator isn't gonna fuck up your water temps? i figure if you're running power figures like those you'd need all the cooling you can get...
Old 09-25-2004, 11:34 AM   #13
AzCivic

i'm sure its twice as thick
Old 09-25-2004, 06:30 PM   #14
thermal
Banning Machine

JDM, your right but the half radiator I'm looking at it going to be thicker like AZ mentioned.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-25-2004, 09:43 PM   #15
Grip72

omfg you guys know alot about cars...

thermal..how did you learn SO Much?
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:57 PM   #16
AkimboStylee

stay around long enough and you will learn alot
Old 09-25-2004, 11:20 PM   #17
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by Grip72
omfg you guys know alot about cars...

thermal..how did you learn SO Much?

I've been modifying my car since I bought my civic in '99. Hondas are not the fastest cars on the streets so I've been constantly looking around to improve its power. I have always been more interested in making more power than "looks". It just so happens that I've done extended research on boosted Hondas. Other than that, it's really a neverending "thing". I do know some stuff but i still meet muthafuka's on the streets who I think knows more stuff than me... lol......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-25-2004, 11:57 PM   #18
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

"always a bigger fish"
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:36 AM   #19
Sivik

wow thermal... i've been missing for a while and look what your doing. i need you to give me the hookup from your hookup. i'm actually serious too cuz i'm tired of my d-series... too slow for me now. my b-series project didn't go over the summer but now it looks like it will be going soon. so we need to talk about some parts please sir. other than that... good luck with your stuff!

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:17 AM   #20
thermal
Banning Machine

I'll see what I can do. I'm just lucky because most of my good friends are sponsored by decent people like Omni, RLZ, and Rocket. These same friends are also direct dealers of their sponsors and they hook me up with "cost" price. Believe it or not, Honda-Tech has some cheap stuff. I have the last of the 10 LoveFab SST and only cost me $720 shipped with external WG flange. LoveFab SST no longer will be produce as of 30Sep04...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-23-2004, 04:20 AM   #21
thermal
Banning Machine

My target date of completion has been moved back a couple of months. I have a girl that I care for alot and she will be leaving for 3 months starting early Feb.... gotta have some quality time. (It's weird how a woman can change things on a man's life all of a sudden...lol... ). This means that I wont be able to play with my Teg a whole lot. I have about 65% of the parts I needed to hit 500whp. Just a few more little things but a lot of time under the hood, which I know I cant have right now.

My block is sleeved already by way of Darton 84mm bore. It is getting ready to be honed to match my Wiseco ceramic coated side pistons, 9.8:1 compression. I now have an AEM C2Di ignition ready to be installed. My LoveFab SST manifold is enroute. I got a free CRYO2 intercooler spray system.... of course, filled with N2O instead. A precission SC61 is ready for duty but waiting for the manifold. ARP head studs are already in my garage. JG/Edelbrock intake manifold is waiting to be installed as well....

I still need to fabricate a 3 inch DP and get my tranny synchro fixed.

I'll be ordering these in a few weeks:
-Manley/Full Race connecting rods
-Half size dual core aluminum radiator
-Crank bearings
-1000cc injectors
-custom head gasket
-Aeromotive FPR
-GE fuel rail
-Fuel supply lines
-more small stuff

I'll post pics when I get my PC working again. I really miss my Teg. But it's okay tho. By next race season I should be ready.

If any of you live close by, let me know. I have friends here who can hook you up with bad ass parts for great deals. 2 of my good friends run/own a shop. One of them has a dyno. Peace!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-24-2004, 11:37 AM   #22
ShEaNy

man...i wanna turbo my car now lol..screw the charger...hook a brother up:P i wouldnt know the first thing to building my internals...like i know what a piston and rod is ... but WHAT kind ... NO IDea what to buy...good luck on the project..WE want PICS.
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:14 AM   #23
thermal
Banning Machine

Hondaman-iac has some info on turbo accords. www.homemadeturbo.com/forum has a sticky on junkyard turbo style turbo accords.

It's not really that hard to put a system together especially on Honda/Acura. Internal mods are only required when you plan to hit bigger numbers. On daily low boost, you should be okay for stock internals.... but you'll get used to it soon tho. You'll want "more".

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-29-2004, 09:57 AM   #24
ShEaNy

turboing an automatic ok?? should i do anything to the tranny?
Old 11-29-2004, 10:37 AM   #25
thermal
Banning Machine

Nothing wrong with turbo auto, as long as the turbo is not too big. A tranny cooler would help....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-29-2004, 10:59 AM   #26
ShEaNy

sweet thanks..ill look into more later...
Old 12-11-2004, 07:27 AM   #27
thermal
Banning Machine

Christmas is amking my funds tight. I cant even get my computer fixed so I can post some pictures of the block before I start playing with it. I really miss my Teg. The trunk right now is acting as my christmas present hiding spot.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #28
thermal
Banning Machine

Update:

Fucking RLZ Engineering is starting to piss me off. I hope they find their way here and see this post.

Here's the story:
Early October, I decided to jump in an unbeatable deal that my buddy offered me through RLZ Engineering. This will be a complete sleeving of my JDM B18C ITR block (Darton 84mm) and bore/hone to the specs of a set of Wiseco flat dish pistons with a target of 9.5:1 to 9.8-1 compression. They were supposed to provide those services and parts shipped for a total of $1440. It's a very decent deal.

Reason to be pissed off number 1:
After my friend dropped off my block to them, I wrote and sent a check for the amount I mentioned, dated Oct 9 2004. With the check, I also included contact information in case problems arise. The note also contained the "deal" the I was going for including specs..... 84mm Darton sleeves, 9.5:1 or 9.8:1 flat dish turbo pistons, etc.... They said that they have to wait for the check to clear before they start the work on my motor. 3 weeks later the check was still not cleared. I started getting worried because I wasnt comfortable having that much money hung up in my account plus the thought of a possible lost mail is getting to me. It finally cleared 4 weeks after I sent it. So the work really didnt start until 4 weeks after I sent the money....whatever...

Reason to be pissed off number 2:
I was originally told that the turn around day was 2-3 weeks since I was going through a friend who knows them. It didnt happen as you can see since they held my check for about 4 weeks. I got over that issue tho since I was out to sea for 6 weeks anyway. I figure that the block would be ready when I get back.... I was wrong. It took another 3 weeks .

Reason to be pissed off number 3:
So my block reached Va Beach, but not my house. It went to my buddy's shop. I was fine with that. i told my buddy to go ahead open the box. The block was fine, however the pistons were rated 8.1:1 and dished like a mutha'. My buddy said that he will contact RLZ and figure out WTF?

Reason to be pissed off number 4:
RLZ gave my buddy a run around and finally they said that Wiseco does not sell the pistons I asked for. However they can custom make one with the specs I wanted. For an additonal $300, RLZ will take care of it. I was pissed the fuk off!

The whole time my buddy who originally made this deal with me has been talking to them. I havent even talked to anybody over there yet. This buddy of mine is a very reputable guy on this scene. He has been trying to handle everything but RLZ is not cooperating. I'm really about to jump into this whole fuk up.

Now all I'm asking for is my money back on the amount I paid for the pistons and the honing service that has nothing to do with the pistons specs that I wanted. They know for a fact that I didnt asked for those 8.1:1 pistons, since the invoice shows it. However they are still not cooperating.

So sorry for the long post. Sorry no pictures yet. i just had to rant about these issues.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-20-2004, 03:58 PM   #29
Mischief

I do believe it is time to bust a cap.

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 04:22 PM   #30
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Oh man, Id roll up there myself and take care of business instantly.
I can understand that people make mistakes, but then to go do the run-around bs is just disrespect.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 07:12 AM   #31
thermal
Banning Machine

I'm really to the point where I dont even want to modify shit anymore. I thought about just buying an Acura MDX and call it quits.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #32
thermal
Banning Machine

B18C-R
-AEBS Sleeves
-84mm bore
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010018.jpg (118.3 KB, 146 views)

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #33
thermal
Banning Machine

on the stand
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010019.jpg (104.4 KB, 142 views)

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 01-12-2005, 01:50 AM   #34
dabouncerx24

So you changed your mind huh?
Good stuff

You'll have to help me when I turbo my LS
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:35 AM   #35
thermal
Banning Machine

not entirely. i just need to stay on the right path....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 02-02-2005, 02:36 AM   #36
Sivik

holy shit thermal, every time i come back you always have something new. well so do i!

buddy of mine is swapping in a JDM H22 in his teg... and guess what... i get his motor! hehe, so now i have the motor, just need a good set of pistons and rods for a small bottom end build. then looking at a t3/4e 57 trim turbo. aiming for about 350whp on pump gas. what ar you think would be good? i would like to put 400 whp on C16 so i need some extra "mmph" in the turbo.

also, you have any experience with uberdata? i like what it does and i like the price... hehe.

are you going to upgrade you axles at all to handle this power or keep stock? what do you think your spool times will be like?

man your crazy... i might have to go get a loan too... hehe.

My Car

My Car is for sale
Old 02-06-2005, 09:43 PM   #37
thermal
Banning Machine

Bro get an SC61 instead or a 60 trim at a minimum. If not a T3/60-1 should satisfy you all the way up to 600whp. 350whp is only around the corner man. It's so easy to hit that shit. You'll want more anyway so you should get a bigger turbo. I'm keeping the axles stock. if it break then I'll replace it. Uberdata is great. You just gotta find a tuner who can tune it.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 02-08-2005, 03:32 AM   #38
Sivik

im learning how to use it now, and my buddy has tuned standalones before so he knows the basics... all we need it a wideband and we're set!

im actually replanning my project now. i don't know if im going to go with a full build anymore. maybe just a bolt on kit with stock internals. i'm looking to sell my car and get something NEW and FASTER. Hello Evo...

but i like the 57 trim for spool up. in ls motors an SC61 will take forever to spool (4500-5000 from what i hear) whereas the smaller 57 trim will hit at 4k.

My Car

My Car is for sale
Old 02-10-2005, 03:23 PM   #39
thermal
Banning Machine

I see what you mean....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 02-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #40
thermal
Banning Machine

I hate fucking hold-ups.... I just realized that my wiseco pistons didnt come with wrist pin C clips.....

Well, I painted my block and head. Will post some pics later....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum