::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2002, 04:18 AM   #1
djkenc

H22 Engine Swap

i have a 97 accord lx, it is an auto and i was wondering about how much would it cost 2 do this swap and is there any good shops in the bay area(san francisco) that would do it fairly cheap with good qualilty. i wanna also change it to manual.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:51 AM   #2
iamsparticuz

Usually when doing the swap you also swap trannys. Its not good to use an f23 or 22 tranny with an h22. The tranny for an h22 is a 5spd. The cost all depends on the shop and there experience. I read that unexperienced people who are offering to do the swap for cheap usually dont know about the troubles that they are going to run into with the tranny conversation (auto to manuel). Some other forums have faqs on the whole topic. Theres alot of info out there..

You could go to h22a.org for some more information. I didnt find it quite helpful but others with 4 gens did. As for as sellers theres jdmclub.com and jdm1.com. Im thinking about doing the swap myself once i raise the money, i know that jdmclub is very reliable and ive heard some mixed reviews about jdm1.com. You can also order the engine thru the person doing the swap, sometimes they have hookups with other vendors who sell them.

Remember to do a forum search first when asking a question, most of the time its already been answered.

As for an estimate, again, it all depends on where you order it and who you're having doing the swap.

As for as previous quotes for myself, i was quoted about 2400 for the motor, tranny, axles etc. from jdmclub. They offered to swap it for me for about a grand but they would charge another grand for the tranny conversion. I also had a guy from a shop in minnesota quote me 2500 for the whole process, but he said he had no experience in swapping the engine. A local shop in my area usually charges 500 for engine swaps. So the price varies..
Old 05-19-2002, 05:46 PM   #3
blownteggy

hey kenc did you get my email..anyways, try motorsport techniques in hayward, stay ouuta frisco or daly city for a swap..they charge too much money over there.