.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2003, 10:55 AM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

my turn for help now (long)

i think it's been almost 6 months since i last asked for help in this forum, but i guess i need to again.

about 5 years ago when i came here i met a nice couple in cleveland and they soon became my friends. because they were close to my age we kinda hung out toghether and stuff. Finally i find out that she has a sister and when it comes the time to go back to romania for the summer break i finally get to met the sister. needless to say i kinda fall for her and we will hang out toghether for the rest of my stay in romania. when i had to go we kinda broke up and didn't quite keep in touch for a while. now aftter 4 years she came here and i am supposed to show her around and help her get into the american lifestyle. Needless to say i start to fall for her again. i dunno it's so hard for me to open up the subject again, because i don't know her feelings, or she might be tired and not know what's going on since she has less than one week in the U.S. do u think i should wait or talk to her sooner ? well anyway this won't be easy for me. Talking is like a major problem for me.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 11:32 AM   #2
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Hm. You could start with the direct approach. Like, "do you and your friends/boyfriend go _____ (insert here) often?" As an example, she might say, "I really like Japanese food". You would ask her that question and it would start the conversion in that area. Can you get any 411 from the friends about this?
Old 09-09-2003, 09:38 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, i can't really get any info from the friends. i am not in the best terms with my friends anymore because she (the wife) screwed up my life big big time last spring :o

Old 09-09-2003, 09:56 PM   #4
DsBlu01CivEX

Ok Stefan...here's my take on the situation. Give it time. You said that she's only been in America for what only like a week right. Give her some time to adjust to the new situation. Moving to a completely different country (as you know) isn't always the easiest thing to adjust to. But if you were asked to show her around the area and try to help her get acclamated (?) to living in the US, this gives you a perfect opportunity to get to know her again, since you did loose touch with her when you came back to the States. The more the 2 of you hang out, the more you'll start to realize if she has feelings for you as well. Which will make it a hell of a lot easier for you to talk to her about the feelings you're having for her. Trust me Stefan...when you find the right girl, you'll be able to open up to her...and you'll know when the timing is right. Just keep your head up and keep things chill between you and her while you're showing her around....do things with her that require conversation though. If you like this girl as much as you say you do, you should feel comfortable to talk to her about things. Ya know what I'm sayin?

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:29 AM   #5
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Ok, wait a minute. Did you say she's moved here and has been here less than a week or is she here on vacation for a week??
Old 09-10-2003, 11:41 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

she moved here less than a week ago

Old 09-10-2003, 12:24 PM   #7
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Then you've got time if you want to take it slow. I misunderstood what you said earlier and thought you meant that she was only here for a week. It's like what DsBlu01CivEX said, the more time you spend with her, the more you'll know how you really feel about her. Are you in love with the memory of you two together all those years ago or who she is/about now. People always change. Find out before you get serious about this. Get to know who she is now. Granted you have an advantage because of your past with her, but just don't let that get in the way. Memory's are just that, memories. You may find that you have changed in her mind and what she thinks about you too! Both of you are new to each other again.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:30 PM   #8
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I only read the 1st post..
Dont wait! Cause otherwise someone else will try their luck with her. Try to spend a lot of time with her, to see if you really feel what you think you feel for her and you WILL find out what she thinks and how she feels about you.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 02:06 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i just found out she had a bf in romania, but i assume it wasn't for too long of a time because she kinda aked her sys around february if i have a gf, or if i'm still available. i really don't know what to do about this. i wish it was as simple as my honda

Old 09-10-2003, 02:16 PM   #10
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Ooohh, this is a good sign. It sounds like she's still interested but chill, please wait a little longer on this.....really. Get to know her better.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:03 PM   #11
Shot 2 Hel

jay says wait for a wee bit, if she is living here then you have plenty of time
Old 09-11-2003, 09:19 PM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i spent like 9 hrs with her today and i got to know her a bit better, and i felt like we got a lil' too close at times. i think i'm gonna take her to some movies and a walk in the park on sunday, and go from there

Old 09-11-2003, 09:23 PM   #13
Duckydos

Two words: Tranquil-lizer!

Yea dude, just take your time. Feel her out with the innocent questions Black-Wolf suggested. They're a bit obvious if not done right but it will also show that you're interested.

But just give it time. Also, tell her all cool people in America love guys who drive Hondas

TIME, GIVE IT TIME.
-Ducky