::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2002, 03:31 PM   #1
invisibleman

reset ECU

greetings guys..i'm a total newbie from sunny singapore. i just found out how to reset my ecu ... but before i do anything...what exactly will resetting my ecu do?? help guys. thank you.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:02 PM   #2
blind34_1

Umm...I remember reading a post about this somewhere on here...dont remember exactly. I think resetting the ecu gets the car used to the way you drive (???) I may be quoting a false answer from someone else before, I dont remember. I'll search for the post though.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 09:50 PM   #3
90civiclxryder

after you install an intake you reset the ecu so the computer can make changes for the amount of air coming through.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:47 AM   #4
invisibleman

thanks guys for helping.... let it be known that my honda's an auto... i've other queries too... like i intend to change the air filter, cables and spark plugs... will this bring about any significant changes? and i tend to get some flat spot ... erm..like the the car doesn't respond to the throttle like i want it to... what should i do? thanks again people...
Old 06-17-2002, 08:20 AM   #5
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

well by resetting the ECU you let the car reconfigure for the new mod that you have done for your ride.. You simply go to the Fuse box under your hood and pull the ECU Fuse..leave it out for like 5-10 mins...Then reinsert the fuse and,don;t touch the accelerator at ALL, start your ride....

Let it idle for like 7-10 mins and it should then be reset and help w/ the new mod...
Also w/ changing the filters and plugs you should feel a little diff as you will be giving your ride a better spark to react to....