::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
lilhonda

D series turbos

does anyone know the real quarter times for a d series motor with a turbo kit? i have heard that you hit low 14s to high 13s in a 2 door but i have a four door and want to know if its possible to get anywhere near that without doing a motor swap. please let me know.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
AzCivic

you could get in the 10's if you wanted to w/ a dseries motor, it all depends on how much money you have.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:10 AM   #3
lilhonda

i dont care if you "could" get into the tens with enough cash what i wanna know is where a turbo will put me roughly. besides i dont think a d series motor will hit tens in a four door without weight reduction or just re engraving the engine code on a b series motor to look d series. basically im trying to figure out if i need to dump the d series or not and if the answer is dump it ill prolly dump the whole four door but i really dunno for shure yet. and i dont wanna do weight reduction either the whole point is itd be a sleeper and itd be roomy for about anything youd want and weight reduction would eliminate the functionability of the car. it looks good right now so i could sell it for what $$ is in it easily but if it has potential with the current motor i might keep most likely a motor swap will point to a new car for me. but thanks for trying. if anyone could give me some ideas on what mods would put me where thatd be great. (2 or 4 door i can adjust em for a four door with a rough estimate) thanks.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:37 AM   #4
AzCivic

how about you fuck off and rant to someone else about stupid shit. not my fault you ask ambiguous questions. and do you think a 4door civic weighs 500lbs more than a coupe or some shit. how about you do a search on bisi ezerioha and see what a naturally aspirated d series can do.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
lilhonda

for one im not ranting at all for two you answered my question in no way shape or form and for three last i checked this was a forom to ask questions not pms when ppl dont wanna hear about your car. but thanks for lookin.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:06 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

he told you exactly what you wanted...you just dont see it:
It all comes down to how much money you want to spend.

People hit 12's easy w/ D's. People that run 14's probably just put the turbo on and call it finished.

Sedans arent that much heavier than coupes so dont expect that you'll roll across the line 2seconds slower...more than .5 seconds longer would surprise me. Do you know what the weight difference is? About as much as 1 person:
eg ex sedan mt - 2564
eg ex coupe mt - 2390

and he never mentioned pm'ing anyone...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 08:36 PM   #7
AzCivic

i could give him real info like before boosting, swap the head/tranny to that from an EX but that'd just make him think that an engine swap is better because b series is soooo tight.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #8
sohc_vtec 2NR

your car being a 4door is the least of your problem, because like pdiggs said there's not much of a weight difference.

put on a greddy kit and adjust it to 8 psi and boom your in the 14 second club.... you can't just bolt on a turbo and expect to be in a certain 1/4 mile time because there are tons of factors that are involved, such as driving skills, amount of boost your running, track condition, you get my point.

if you want real life proofs visit my post about my 1/4 mile times...
http://hstuners.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=21964
Old 08-07-2004, 08:27 PM   #9
lilhonda

I know the technical tuning part is a lot to do with it or the turbo teg woulda been a lot of easier but lil probs here and there plus tuning make it a lot o work lol.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:34 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

why would turbo integra be any easier?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 06:43 PM   #11
thermal
Banning Machine

i hate turbos.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote