::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2004, 11:37 PM   #1
sohc_vtec 2NR

oil feed line problem

After installing my greddy kit, i had a leak in my oil feed line and i finally got the time to fix it, but as usual i run into problems. Here's a picture:

Problem: the oil line won't fit into the banjo fitting, the oil line is smaller than the banjo fitting

Possible Solution #1: tighten the f*ck out of it and hope it seals...

Possible Solution #2: buy some sort of "adapter/fitting/connector" that will connect both pieces together...

So where do you think i can find an adapter/fitting/connector?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:25 PM   #2
Mirkwo0dForest

i would tighten the fuck out of it and put thread locker on it and them sum high temp silicone around that.... it wont leak, but after that u prolly wont be able to use it again if u have to take it off... but i mean the only reason u'd be taking it off is because it doesnt work.
that's what u should do if your cheap..

adapters!!
one side is probably metric and the other side is us standard... it will only screw on like one thread then it stops... this could be the case... in this scenerio u'd need metric to standard adapter or vise versa... if they're both standard or both metric, an adapter wouldnt be hard to find.... goto home depot/lowes
Old 05-05-2004, 09:08 PM   #3
thermal
Banning Machine

No sir dont tighten the fuk out of it. Those are "flare" fittings. The seal is not around the thread but on the surface itself (the nipple looking side). It must get a contact on the surface, not the thread. Flare fittings are standard in pitch... whether metric or english. Go to Home depot and bring the banjo and hose with you. Find an adapter or get rid of the banjo fitting all together. Find an elbow with a "flare" end on one side and an NPT on the other....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote