::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2003, 01:25 PM   #1
Scarlemthug

Redoing seats

Does anyone know how to recover seats in vinyl or leather so it looks like it came from the factory? I want to do the seats myself to save money on paying a place to do it. I want to use black and silver/grey vinyl. help
Old 03-12-2003, 12:19 PM   #2
eviljayr

i'm just getting custom-fit seatcovers. I have no idea about completley redoing the seats because that involves sewing and buying the materails and a lot of sh|t. there's a reason it's so expensive. but try JCWhitney and DuoTonez JCW has Neoprene and Duotnez is Vinyl.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:22 PM   #3
eviljayr

always depends on how much you willing to spend. if you dont care, go buy some good qual momo's or sparco's and cover up the back seats.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:46 PM   #4
Shot 2 Hel

i say forget it, buy some "racing seats" and just cover the back ones. But i guess you could just buy it and if you are good at sewing, sew the peices together. Take the old cover off and put the new one on, cause i think the padding MIGHT be under some sort of frame, but that is a big might
Old 03-19-2003, 04:56 PM   #5
Scarlemthug

Yeah I was thinking that I might just go the more expensive route and get some fully adjustable, reclinable racing seats. But I am worried I wont be able to get the same material for the rear seats?
Old 03-20-2003, 12:34 AM   #6
eviljayr

the majority of cars ive seen usually dont have the same material for the front and back. It still looks clean i think, my cousins integra has black momos in the front and some black vinyl/leather covers in the back, very nice.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:55 AM   #7

momo makes seats?
Old 03-23-2003, 03:31 PM   #8
eviljayr

yes they do

But i actually meant to say sparco, i was just confused with what he wanted to get, and what he did get.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:34 PM   #9

mmm, nice.

$255.00 that's for 1 seat, correct?
Old 03-23-2003, 11:03 PM   #10
Honda530

I was getting the seatcovers but they never got here and then they credited my account So I dont wanna go through the hassle with jcwhitney agian.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:53 PM   #11
eviljayr

phuckin jcw, i was so set to see them seat covers and buy them myself. i'd get into their face and ask for some kinda compensation for puttin you through all that bullsh|t. whats your next move?
Old 03-24-2003, 01:12 PM   #12
Honda530

Well I had the high bid on some prelude seats but teh seller cancelled the auction because someone told him theyd buy them for 150. I was gonna win them at 50 bucks too err. So after being disapointed I ahve pput off seats for a while. I just ordered a mugen style lip so that should kep me happy for a while.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:39 PM   #13
eviljayr

its a conspiracy, they dont want you to completely get rid of your stock tan interior. i saw a white accord with a mugen lip on the street today, i'm starting to get a taste for them. post pics when you get it done
Old 03-24-2003, 09:17 PM   #14
Honda530

yeah for real man hehe.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:32 PM   #15
leather seats

got the answer for you

I just did my motero (i know i am a traitor just got rid of the civic had to have room for the kid :-) dont hold it against me)

edited by 94...