::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2001, 06:27 PM   #1
giroman2

aghhhghhh!!! help!

so excited was i today. went to a local shop and bought a CAI. the guy talked me into an OBX. i only paid 150 bucks, saved some money i thought. get the thing out of the box. no directions. take out the whole original intake system out and try to fit the damn thing in. no luck. wont fit. so....i put the old one back on and went back to the shop. the guy looks at it and says my battery is to big and thats why it wont fit. i have to get an original honda battery he says. then all will be well. so i go to the honda dealer and buy a new battery for 70 bucks and turn in the old one, which is only 1 month old. get home and guess what? it still doesnt fit. im pissed now. so i take every thing out including the battery and try to fit the thing. there isnt even a bolt hole in the right spot on the intake tube. can anyone help me here? has anyone had the same experience. i am....was driving a 95 accord ex sedan. guess i should have shelled out the extra money for an AEM..

yes i have checked. the box on the CAI says it is for 94-97 accord four cylinders.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:01 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Re: aghhhghhh!!! help!

Quote:
Originally posted by giroman2
so excited was i today. went to a local shop and bought a CAI. the guy talked me into an OBX. i only paid 150 bucks, saved some money i thought. get the thing out of the box. no directions. take out the whole original intake system out and try to fit the damn thing in. no luck. wont fit. so....i put the old one back on and went back to the shop. the guy looks at it and says my battery is to big and thats why it wont fit. i have to get an original honda battery he says. then all will be well. so i go to the honda dealer and buy a new battery for 70 bucks and turn in the old one, which is only 1 month old. get home and guess what? it still doesnt fit. im pissed now. so i take every thing out including the battery and try to fit the thing. there isnt even a bolt hole in the right spot on the intake tube. can anyone help me here? has anyone had the same experience. i am....was driving a 95 accord ex sedan. guess i should have shelled out the extra money for an AEM..

yes i have checked. the box on the CAI says it is for 94-97 accord four cylinders.

Damn sorry for you misfortune.
I know usually you need to move the battery to get the piping thru.

About the bolt holes, there arent really any. Just the clamp near the manifold. Not much else to bolt.. I think..

I hope you can returne all of this?

OBX usually isnt that bad, though I didnt know the made CAIs..

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 03:46 AM   #3
rakugaki

ex?

i heard some things aren't compatable for some accords. sure some parts are for all trims of accords (DX,LX,EX,SE) like strut bars or lighting. but some parts aren't. I bought an aftermarket intake for a DX/LX since an EX has the MAFS outside of the intake manifold. I'm thinking that CAI's for an DX/LX. i could be wrong.
Old 10-28-2001, 12:08 AM   #4
giroman2

yeah,
i had a mechanic take a look at it and they told me that due to the different trim lines and emission requirements in different areas of the US that there may be differences between models. he was kind enough to modify the intake by splitting it into two sections and then installing it for me. the good news is that the car definitely gives a little extra kick and sounds great.
Old 10-28-2001, 09:40 AM   #5
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Good!

Happy to hear that!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 11:58 AM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Glad you got it all worked out!

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 03:57 PM   #7
VN-Tec

Thats nice.. But i dont feel like 150 Dollars just for an OBX IS worth it... It shoulda been a lot less
Old 10-28-2001, 06:31 PM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by VN-Tec
Thats nice.. But i dont feel like 150 Dollars just for an OBX IS worth it... It shoulda been a lot less

Yeah, you can get an AEM for around $175 now.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote