::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2003, 01:10 PM   #1
msvtec14

Can someone please tell me?

I may sound like a retard for asking this question but it is something weird that I noticed yesterday. It just started to happen. So I am driving and I use my right hand turn signal and I look down and the little arrow that blinks when you have your blinker on and it was blinking really really fast. So naturally, I test out the left one and it's normal. So when I get to my house I leave the right turn signal on and get out of the car to see if the bulb was ok because I thought it could be that and the bulb was fine. What's up with this?
Old 06-16-2003, 01:11 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Did you check your brake lights too?
Old 06-16-2003, 01:28 PM   #3
msvtec14

Yeah. Those are ok too. I am baffled. Honestly, the only thing that I can think of is maybe it has something to do with the lack of one in the front. But that's been gone for quite some time.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:23 PM   #4
Duckydos

I would say that's your cause. On my brother's Civic, if one turn signal was out, the other would blink twice as fast. I just don't really know why it's just now happening and didn't occur before.

-Ducky
Old 06-16-2003, 03:11 PM   #5
msvtec14

Shitty. Hmmmm, here's the thing though...there is actually no blinker at all though. W/my bumper for my kit, there just was not any place for a blinker. So, the guy that put on my kit just took it off but the wiring is still tucked away in there. There's no place for a bulb. Just wiring. I hope to god it has nothing to do with the wiring because that will be a pain in the ass to get to.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:42 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

when it goes bezerk like that it's usually one of the blinker bulbs

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:04 AM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I agree.. It probably is the ones that are missing. Its odd that you just now notice this though. :o
Old 06-17-2003, 07:16 AM   #8
msvtec14

Ok, now it's not going bezerk. Now, neither of them work anymore. I'm assuming it's a fuse but I didn't check because it was 11 last night when I noticed that neither of them were working.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:33 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Sounds like a fuse to me.. That would explain the fast blinking too. To much power, if its not the fuse check the relay (flasher, I guess newer cars still have those, though Ive never had to replace one on a newer car.)

You may want to look around though. It almost sounds like you have a short or something somewhere. I would check the wires from the old blinkers and make sure they are still connected taped up well.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:38 AM   #10
msvtec14

I try my hardest not to scrape but sometimes it happens. Maybe from that, something got knocked loose in terms of all that wiring. I am going to obviously check the fuse first. Eh, I just don't feel like having to take my whole bumper off.

Someone want to come over and do it for me? I have beer at my house. j/k
Old 06-17-2003, 12:22 PM   #11
nonovurbizniz

why do you have to pull off the bumper?

if you are missing a blinker ANYWHERE front or back it will blink fast...

If you have the bulb out and the wires can get wet it can cause PROBLEMS.... mine got ALL sorts of messed up when I had the bulb/socket out of the blinker housing for a while... had to replace the sockets/bulbs... they were cheap though....

good luck
Old 06-17-2003, 12:44 PM   #12
msvtec14

Nonov, because if there's a problem with the wiring of the front blinkers, I would have to take the front bumper off to get to those particular wires (providing that where the problem actually lies). That's where all the wiring is tucked away. Behind that. It was so odd because it just started Sun but know there's just no blinkers at all. No little flashing arrow on my dash.