User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2003, 08:14 PM   #1
Kyle
elyK

Guiness

IS ****ING NASTY!!!
oh man...i've heard soo many good things about it on here...so i went out and bought a pint and a sixer of it...for like 15 bucks...oh, man was that shit horrible...
i mean...it tastes good at first...then after you swallow it...MAN!!!
it's like a 100 bees stinging you all at once in your mouth...
man, it's bad...
please...somebody tell me how you can stand that shit...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:21 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i can't stand that beer

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:23 PM   #3
sc0rch

2 words... Goat piss
Old 04-18-2003, 08:30 PM   #4
DumbMoFo

You either like it, or don't, no middle ground on that one. Never met a beer I didn't like (well, very few at least).
Old 04-18-2003, 08:35 PM   #5
Kyle
elyK

to me though...i don't really consider guinness a beer...it tastes nothing like beer...it's just a horrible drink that won't get you drunk(because you're too worried about the horrible taste)
i had 6 of those damn things...and didn't even get a buzz...i just kept thinking about how horrible the shit tasted...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 04-18-2003, 09:39 PM   #6
pauls-si

I can't stand that shit......But, is interesting to watch the different layers form when you pour it in a glass.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:46 PM   #7
Duckydos

Sounds like the first time I tried Jaegermiester.... :o
Old 04-18-2003, 11:56 PM   #8
mt.biker

sounds to me like you dont know a good beer when you try it and probably dont drink much. Yes its a taste that grows on you, but it doesn't taste like shit, its just not the watery crap you americans grow up on.
Old 04-19-2003, 01:29 AM   #9
juvenile

I don't mind Guiness at all.
Old 04-19-2003, 01:37 PM   #10
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
sounds to me like you dont know a good beer when you try it and probably dont drink much. Yes its a taste that grows on you, but it doesn't taste like shit, its just not the watery crap you americans grow up on.

wtf?...man are you a dumbass...
Guiness is ****ing nasty...and most of the people who replied to this thread don't like it either...
it DOES taste like shit...there's no denying that...and you have no idea how much a drink...you drink every night or something?...
conclusion of this thread...canadians like guiness...americans have good taste buds. lol

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 04-19-2003, 01:45 PM   #11
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

heh... check the new icon... then guess what i think about guinness

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 01:52 PM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
Guiness is ****ing nasty...and most of the people who replied to this thread don't like it either...
it DOES taste like shit...there's no denying that...and you have no idea how much a drink...you drink every night or something?...
conclusion of this thread...canadians like guiness...americans have good taste buds. lol

dude... no

yo like gross beer. guinness is a pure irish beer. it represents everything holy about beer. it leaves NO hangover, it may be a bit bitter for people who like light beer and beer made with preservatives, but trust me, when you've drank as many different types of beers as me, you can taste quality. guinness is a draught or stout(depending on what type you get) its a thick beer, its not a light beer for chugging(unless you drop a shot of half irish whiskey half bailys in it.. mmm.. car bombs) it is a beer for quaity. guinness gives me SUCH a happier drunk too... its not the headache throw up feeling, its pure happiness. i had a few guinness (2 black and tans(half guinness half bass), 1 guinness 1 bass 2 warstiner 2 st. paulies was the final break down). i dont know.... i had a bud light(yes, one) a week ago and it tasted so bad it wasnt even funny. i could taste all the crap they added to it. i guess after drinking nothing but german and irish beers... ive been spoiled i guess. american beer sucks

since we know what you dont like... whats a good beer?

Old 04-19-2003, 02:32 PM   #13
Violent Apathy

I rather like Guiness. And yes, american beer blows my ass.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 04:08 PM   #14
silver

my favorite beer would have to be a nice hefeweizen. japanese beers are awesome as well such as asahi, even better with a shot of sake with it, SAKE BOMB!!! major head nuke after a while but you wake up with no hangover, i have a great story about sake bombs, but I'll save that for another thread some day.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 09:46 PM   #15
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle

Kyle unlike you I can buy my own beer, so yes i typically have something to drink every night. Doesnt' mean i get wasted every night but theres something about a beer with food, its just not a meal without it.

Dont speak for all canadians, i'm sure we have people like you up here that like the cheapies that the NA manufactures pump with 'extra' goodies to add flavour instead of just making the beer great in the first place. I can count the number of "good" north american beers on one hand, but I'd run out of figures and toes to count the great imports.

How about you grow up a bit, try a beer more then once before you make a final opion on it and well just because you haven't been blessed with taste doesn't mean it sucks.

Cheers i'm drinking a guiness right now... shortly its gonna be a warsteiner...
Old 04-19-2003, 09:52 PM   #16
Kyle
elyK

forget sake bombs..i like straight sake...as weird as it may taste
well...as for my favorite beer...i'd have to say red stripe...and killians irish red comes in second...i mean...guiness wouldn't be so bad if it didens't have such a bad aferttaste...
and yes...i like bud light...miller high life...and so on...TUI in process...so if yu don't know what i'm sayin...whatever
i like beer that tases good...i am a beer man...i just can't stand the horrible aftertase of guiness...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 04-19-2003, 10:05 PM   #17
mt.biker

hehe a cheap drunk... just enjoy man
Old 04-19-2003, 10:37 PM   #18
nonovurbizniz

guiness owns...

missisippi mudd is good too.

That "bad" aftertaste is the flavor of HOPS... what beer is MADE out of...
Old 04-19-2003, 10:46 PM   #19
OPAKRACING

yeaw, guinnes does taste really nasty and REALLY bitter!
Old 04-19-2003, 10:53 PM   #20
nonovurbizniz

real men drink guiness. you kids just haven't had your taste buds develope yet...
Old 04-19-2003, 10:59 PM   #21
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
dude... no

yo like gross beer. guinness is a pure irish beer. it represents everything holy about beer. it leaves NO hangover, it may be a bit bitter for people who like light beer and beer made with preservatives, but trust me, when you've drank as many different types of beers as me, you can taste quality. guinness is a draught or stout(depending on what type you get) its a thick beer, its not a light beer for chugging(unless you drop a shot of half irish whiskey half bailys in it.. mmm.. car bombs) it is a beer for quaity. guinness gives me SUCH a happier drunk too... its not the headache throw up feeling, its pure happiness. i had a few guinness (2 black and tans(half guinness half bass), 1 guinness 1 bass 2 warstiner 2 st. paulies was the final break down). i dont know.... i had a bud light(yes, one) a week ago and it tasted so bad it wasnt even funny. i could taste all the crap they added to it. i guess after drinking nothing but german and irish beers... ive been spoiled i guess. american beer sucks

AMEN CHRIS! I tried the Stout a long time ago and didn't care for it. Now that I've had the chance to taste many different kinds of beer, I really like the draught or stout. Clean taste and gives you a great feeling.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 11:11 PM   #22
DumbMoFo

Bud Light, Coors Light, High Life, ugh.

Learn about beer, drink lots of different kinds. You will understand that Guinness is good. If you disagree, feel free to go get a Corona (Mexican Piss Water).
Old 04-20-2003, 12:53 AM   #23
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

you know what beer is REALLY good. kalik gold(cant get the gold in america). its a bahamian brew... last time i was in the islands... thats the only beer i drank

Old 04-20-2003, 01:49 AM   #24
CD5Passion

it amazing how the topic of beer can draw so many

but I've never tried it, but lemme tell i HATE Heineken ..I had it after prom and it tasted like piss..im sticking to my Bacardi and BananaRum....oh yeah and Sake...damn that stuff is great...specially when you drink it while on the job haha
Old 04-20-2003, 08:21 AM   #25
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

hieneken is alright, its nothing special IMO

Old 04-20-2003, 11:57 AM   #26
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Kyle unlike you I can buy my own beer, so yes i typically have something to drink every night. Doesnt' mean i get wasted every night but theres something about a beer with food, its just not a meal without it.

Dont speak for all canadians, i'm sure we have people like you up here that like the cheapies that the NA manufactures pump with 'extra' goodies to add flavour instead of just making the beer great in the first place. I can count the number of "good" north american beers on one hand, but I'd run out of figures and toes to count the great imports.

How about you grow up a bit, try a beer more then once before you make a final opion on it and well just because you haven't been blessed with taste doesn't mean it sucks.

Cheers i'm drinking a guiness right now... shortly its gonna be a warsteiner...

still gross...i came home for a little while...and took your advice...then i talked my friend into buying some more guiness...while it may be a "quality" beer...it does taste pretty damn nasty...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 04-20-2003, 11:07 PM   #27
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

To an extent that's right...most Americans wouldn't know a good beer if it beat them within an inch of their lives. That's why beer is served ice cold here...it numbs your taste buds so you don't notice that almost everywhere else in the world American beer is crap. Give a German a PBR or Miller High Life and he'd probably spit it out...preferably on your face...for giving it to him. But Guiness is different. I've had many Guinesses and it won't ever grow on me. I suppose it's good if you like your beer in syrup form. For me, it's too thick and kinda tastes like coffee. But I'm a pilsner man so I'm not a dark beer fan. I need to get back to Germany...I'd just about move there for the beer alone.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 11:24 PM   #28
AzCivic

I think all beer tastes like crap(havent tries Guiness though).

Jack Daniels is where its at.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 11:31 PM   #29
Shot 2 Hel

yes all beer is crap there are just some that are better than others. Im no expert but im cheap and with being cheap comes cheap beer. I drink south paw, it is the cheapest beer in the world. I have had a few german beers and i wasnt all that impressed with em. But they run a bit too high for me and I absolutly hate malt beverage EVER again. It just sat on my stomach so wrong, it made me feel really sick.

But i say beer is beer drink it responsibly and i dont care what your drinking
Old 04-20-2003, 11:38 PM   #30
nonovurbizniz

I LOVE warm guiness. I was in england when I first had one... english pub middle of the country side on the way to stonehenge... it was sitting on a shelf behind the bar... OH MY GOD was it good and I hated beer back then too.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:11 PM   #31
spoogenet

I like Guinness Draught but I'm not a big fan of their Stout. I do like Stouts though and haven't tried it in a while, so I may feel differently about it these days.

I've never felt the Draught has a bad aftertaste or is bitter in any way. Stout is hoppy, but I don't find the Draught to be hoppy at all.

To correct a previous person's post, beer isn't "made of hops." Hops are an important ingredient in beer, but there's far more malted barley than hops.

If you like Bud, Miller, etc. then you obviously like rice beers. Rice was never meant for beer. Sake, yes. Beer, no. I have this plan of repackaging Bud with an aluminum touring wing and a chrome bottle cap.

To correct a previous person's post, beer isn't made of hops. Hops are an important ingredient in beer, but there's far more malted barley than hops.

If you want a hoppy beer get some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Non-hoppy then get yourself a Belgian brew like Hoegaarden or a Hefeweissen or Dunkelweissen.

Guinness is good. But people claiming American beer is piss are just as idiotic as people who claim Bud is good beer. The major American breweries are all piss, but Americans make some mighty fine beers as well (think microbrews and brew pubs). Write that down.

And one last thing, anytime someone offers you some PBR, spit it in their face or save your tastebuds and pour it directly from the can onto their head.

b
Old 04-21-2003, 03:05 PM   #32
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Beer .........Rum
Old 04-21-2003, 04:23 PM   #33
silver

anyone here had a tatonka stout from bj's pizza and brewery?

closest taste to soap outside of real soap, and thick as syrup.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:20 AM   #34
mylittlecivic

alot of people dont like the taste of beer - my sister thinks it tastes like earwax how she knows that i dont care to know. But once youve had it enough it tastes great. May be off subject but i used to drink red wine like it was kool aid, thats how it tasted to me and i couldnt stand it before.Funny how our taste buds are.

What does IMO mean?

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:28 AM   #35
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic

What does IMO mean?

In My Opinion

IMHO = in my humble opinion or in my honest opinion

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:22 PM   #36
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

I thought it meant Im a ho
Old 04-22-2003, 09:45 PM   #37
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
I thought it meant Im a ho

Well if that's what you want to be then fine, just don't share it with the rest of us...
Old 04-22-2003, 11:50 PM   #38
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
In My Opinion

thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #39
Mushroom

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
I have this plan of repackaging Bud with an aluminum touring wing and a chrome bottle cap.

Just out of curiosity, how old are the Guiness-haters? I've noticed that kids tend to start on cold watery beer then graduate to more bitter beers. Bud and Beast were all I drank for a while; now I like Guiness for an off-the-shelf and typically dark porters for micros.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:41 PM   #40
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom

Just out of curiosity, how old are the Guiness-haters? I've noticed that kids tend to start on cold watery beer then graduate to more bitter beers. Bud and Beast were all I drank for a while; now I like Guiness for an off-the-shelf and typically dark porters for micros.

Beast. :

I drank lots of MGD back in high school. Whenever I got up north I had Blue, but couldn't find good Blue down south.

I eventually began to appreciate good beer and started going more broke.....but there's a break on beer. See below.

Funny thing about beer though. Cheap beer = $4/six pack. Good beer = $7/six pack. Cheap booze = $8-12/bottle. Good booze = $15-100/bottle. Cheap wine = $4/bottle. Good wine = $6-600/bottle. So even good beer is mighty affordable.

For people who like light beers I highly recommend Amstel Light. Supposedly it has as much alcyhol as normal beer, but all other light beers have less alcyhol than normal beer.....so just keep that in mind. For the same buzz you'll drink more light beer and negate the benefits of light beer.

b