::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2002, 07:52 PM   #1
darat

New here, Engine swap in NJ?

Well, i drive in a few weeks, and am looking at cars.. I think i can find some dcent civics around here for a good price, and have money saved up for an engine swap.

I would probably do B16A swap, seems to be most popular and everything. BUT, does anyone know of people who do this swap in NJ and are reputable?

Although civics are very plentiful here, i'd like to try to actually have a quick one, not like most of the people i see on the road..

Thanks for your help all Ill be around.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:36 PM   #2
Turbopower

Where in Jersey are you. I know a couple of places. Also I higly suggest that if you are going to get into High performance you better atleast be a little mechanically inclined or have a lot of money laying around. There is a place in NY where you can get JDM motors for about $1000-3600 depending on what you want. To drop it in costs anywhere from $500-1500 depending on where you go to what they have to do to make the motor fit.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:28 PM   #3
darat

Live in Southern Jersey, im thinking now of just waiting for the swap, and buying some type of honda then save money, and by the end of the summer or fall get the swap put in..

Im not really inclined with automotives, yet.. I plan to learn more and more.. Step-dad did work in a shop for a few years though, he knows some stuff
Old 05-22-2002, 10:20 AM   #4
Turbopower

If your just going to do a swap buy a 91-92 CRX or a 92-95 DX hatch back these 2 cars way next to noting. My friend has a 91 CRX with a SOCH Vtec motor from a EX and the greddy turbo kit and he spanked an M3 that has work done to the motor. ( only 6LB of boost and a 1/4 mile run). Basically I find for a novist those 2 cars are the easiest to work on and the give you more bang for the buck. Plus your step dads a meshanic so if you have the right tools and time you guys could make a weekend of it and put the motor in yourselves. Trust me it's easier than it looks. Also this is key what ever car you buy or swap you do, get a shop manual.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:39 PM   #5
darat

well, he was a mechanic, but i highly doubt with me going for engine swap in my first car and all..
If he had another garage he wants ta rebuild an old mustang so he told me grandfather.. That would rock, but too bad it probably would never happen (which sucks, coulda been my car)

Anyways, i gotta try to talk people in my family about CRX (only because they are small..) I might try to get a 92-95 civic hatch though, at least they are a bit bigger, but i truthfully dont want a really big car.. Ill be checkin it out, now just have to find a place to buy engine from and that will do work :-o