::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2002, 01:53 AM   #1
accord98lx

Acura Questions.

1) Did they stop making Acura Integras? If not, Why dont I see Integra's on the Acura site?

2) What is a Type-R or GS-R or Type S? Whats their significance.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:05 AM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Integra is now the RSX.

2) Different models, different engines, etc.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 02:19 AM   #3
slowEJ6

Type-R/GSR are Integra models.
Type-S is an RSX model.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 02:25 AM   #4
a96710

I believe they're still considered Integras in Japan and Europe. I read somewhere that the changed the name here in the States to match the rest of the line...CL, RL, TL etc.
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 02:26 AM   #5
ZeroAccess

the GSR is a Integra from 94-01 ...I believe 01 is when they quit making them

the Type-r is the "Type-Racing" edition...it sports a more tuned motor,better suspension,sportier interior....

the Type-S refers to the Type-Sport edition of the RSX which replaced the Integra and the Prelude, the Type-S sports a more tuned motor,diff interior, 6-speed gearbox and a few other goodies

www.acura.com can show you all the information you need for the RSX and its tuned version the Type-S ...maybe we'll get the Type-R edition ...ya never know

and the RSX has i-vtec buts thats another post in itself...
Old 10-23-2002, 11:17 AM   #6
accord98lx

Thanks guys.

Btw, I think the Integras look better then the RSX. I dont like the new headlights of the RSX, the original one was better and unique.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:57 PM   #7
bx_integra

I dont really like the RSX either...I dont know why they stop making Integras...that was pretty dumb in my opinion...
Old 10-25-2002, 09:58 PM   #8
slowEJ6

they didnt stop making integras....they just changed the name.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:08 PM   #9
bx_integra

Quote:
Originally posted by slow ej6
they didnt stop making integras....they just changed the name.

Oh, i thought they stopped making integras and just started a new line of cars names RSX...my bad...now I get it...well i still dont like the RSX too much...
Old 10-25-2002, 10:10 PM   #10
bx_integra

I want to know...what exactly was the point of changing the name from Integra to RSX? If anyone knows...
Old 10-25-2002, 10:39 PM   #11
slowEJ6

probably just a marketing thing...i mean, it was the integra for 7 years, pretty much SAME body style.
in japan its an integra still. i guess RSX sounds more classy or something as the RL/TL/CL/MDX/NSX - no more actual words for their cars anymore, its all about the 2-3 letter designations!!!
Old 10-26-2002, 01:21 AM   #12
bx_integra

I think they should have stayed with integra...but oh wellz...
Old 10-26-2002, 02:18 AM   #13
Jteg98

i actually like rsx's better, and i own an integra. if i could of afforded one, i would have. i got to drive my brother type-s and my god... its pure bliss... handling, acceleration.. you name it, it can do it.

a) they come with more hp... not much, but they do.

b) i think they look better
Old 10-30-2002, 06:30 PM   #14
FasterThanLight

the reason for the switch from integra to rsx:

in the united states, we like things that are "new and improved"

in japan, they like things that are "tried and true"

obviously that isn't true about every single person, but it's mostly true. that's why the change to "cars named with a few letters" in the USDM... the nsx was top dog... the vigor tanked... sales picked up (for a variety of reasons) with the introduction of the cl, rl, and tl.

i've only sat in the rsx, and while i like the exterior of the integra a lot more, the rsx is much roomier and comfortable on the inside... i prefer the 8000 rpm redline of the gs-r to the 7400 rpm redline of the rsx-s, but that's just cuz i think it's cool for the B18C motors to spin so high... more so for the B18c5
Old 11-07-2002, 09:57 AM   #15
RSX-S girl

Thanks to all who did not totally diss the RSX. I take offense since I drive a TYPE-S. But it's all good. But don't mock it till you drive it...
Old 11-07-2002, 11:03 AM   #16
ShEaNy

lol i dont think anyone will mock a RSX Type s...those are sweet cars....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 11:06 AM   #17
Novtec1

rsx are aiiight its not like a wrx or a lancer but they are kool. don't take offence rsx-gurl...i drove the ctr and the rsx- type-r they are ok but i drove the sti wrx and the lancer and they wer impressive. ok im comparing awd turbo car to fwd N/A cars but hey rsx vs wrx i'll to the wrx.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:10 AM   #18
FasterThanLight

Quote:
Originally posted by RSX-S girl
Thanks to all who did not totally diss the RSX. I take offense since I drive a TYPE-S. But it's all good. But don't mock it till you drive it...

no mocking here... in fact if i had the money when i bought my 'teg, i would have rather had a rsx type-s... fo sho!
Old 11-07-2002, 11:14 AM   #19
ShEaNy

turbo the RSX = own the WRX...maybe lol
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 11:36 AM   #20
RSX-S girl

Yeah I know all about the WRX... I would've got that that... But for 25 hp more and AWD it's almost $9,000.00 more. I'm happy with my Type-S, it gets a lot of looks. Acura could've went with a better body style, but the interior is so.... sweet with the titanium package.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:09 PM   #21
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by FasterThanLight
in the united states, we like things that are "new and improved"

in japan, they like things that are "tried and true"

LOL- That's a direct quote of what I said about the name change about two years ago over on SuperHonda.

Are/Were you over there?
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 03:38 PM   #22
FasterThanLight

nope- that's pretty funny though... a friend of mine from japan told me about that, and i think i've read similar in sport compact car too.

that's the same reason why there is no "acura" or "lexus" in japan... it's totally funny what kind of impact marketing has on how things are presented to us...
Old 11-07-2002, 04:28 PM   #23
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well since this thread went from it's topic i'll put my 2 cents in. for the US market i think the nicest teg is the 2nd generation. The RSX seems to follow too much thejapanese trent right now too damn tall, and not wide enough.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:41 AM   #24
Novtec1

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
turbo the RSX = own the WRX...maybe lol

spending the money to boost a rsx???? damn how much is the rsx kit ...its not cheap. plus yea its gonna be fast but how many stock wrx's are you gonna run into?

but back on subject...i think honda messed up ( this is my opinion) if you look at all of whats coming out in the next 2-3 years, it seems like honda doens't wanna play the sport compact game anymore. plus the US never gets the top of the line stuff...why?
Old 11-08-2002, 03:06 AM   #25
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

how much do the type -s' run?

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 06:17 AM   #26
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Novtec1
the US never gets the top of the line stuff...why?

that's because of the emissions. we are at some levels that in EU will be considered euro 10 and by the way we will get the european accord as the 4 door brother for the acura RSX, and the accord type R might come to the shores here still as an acura type whatever

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:29 AM   #27
Novtec1

euro accord is not really all that fast either .... depends on your meaning of fast. it not nothing to but it will make a nice grocery getter/track car.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:00 PM   #28
FasterThanLight

Quote:
Originally posted by Novtec1
spending the money to boost a rsx???? damn how much is the rsx kit ...its not cheap. plus yea its gonna be fast but how many stock wrx's are you gonna run into?

$4000? i think you'd probably run into a lot more stock wrxes than you might think. lots of people spending a bit more money on their cars are more likely to be satisfied with them and less likely to mod them.

Quote:
but back on subject...i think honda messed up ( this is my opinion) if you look at all of whats coming out in the next 2-3 years, it seems like honda doens't wanna play the sport compact game anymore. plus the US never gets the top of the line stuff...why?

why honda doesn't want to play in the usdm sport compact market? the profit margins (as a dollar amount, not necessarily as a percentage) are lower on cheaper cars, and with the types of cars americans buy now, it makes sense. i know i don't want a big boat of a car- and most people that can afford more expensive cars will buy them.

the people posting on this and other car-modding oriented boards love sporty cars and, well, all things car-related, but the average consumer is a moron (no harm intended) and will buy anything. manufacturing a special edition release of a car (or even a trim option a la type <insert letter here> costs a lot of money when r&d and marketing are considered, and if there is not a big enough demand for them, the manufacturers will not do it... just my .02
Old 11-08-2002, 02:25 PM   #29
RSX-S girl

how much do the type -s' run?

The sticker price for the RSX Type-S was a little over 23 k when I got it January of 2002. I also had them add the titanium interior package, fog lights and factory spoiler...
Old 11-08-2002, 10:46 PM   #30
slowEJ6

03 RSX-S: $23,700 app.
03 WRX: $24,720 app.

whered you get this $9000 price difference from?
Old 11-09-2002, 03:59 PM   #31
RSX-S girl

No need to question my numbers... Not everyone is perfect. Is that price for the base model WRX? Not the 225hp... right? If it is, I'm gonna be pissed.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:46 AM   #32
Novtec1

$24.999 starting for the 227hp WRX...yea you're pissed.....
Old 11-12-2002, 10:13 AM   #33
ryan_56_turbo

my rsx is quite nice. it is very quick for 200 horse