::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2002, 12:20 AM   #1
NooNz

RSX (Pros/Cons)

this is for RSX owners or people that have driven an RSX (Type-S or not Type-S) either test drove it or drove their friend's car......

i've been lookin at this car for awhile and i've liked it ever since...i was wondering what model you have/drove and what are some pros/cons and a final conclusion/statement about the car if its worth it or just wait for other cars to becoming out or whatever.......thx!
Old 02-24-2002, 12:24 AM   #2
NooNz

well only reason i need to know is that my dad said we'd probably get rid of our 92 Accord for a new/used car..(but probably new since he has had bad experiences with used cars)...so i've looked at the 2002 Acura RSX (Premium & Type-S), 2002 Mazda Protege5, 1999 Audi A4, and some other cars that i can't remember....so i need some info about the RSX...that's all...thx again.....
Old 02-24-2002, 04:08 PM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

The thing I hated the most was the suspension.. It absolutely sucks..

But that doesnt really matter for a family mover.

It looks real pretty..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 01:58 AM   #4
Incubus

The RSX is pretty decent but I don't know if it's the best family type car. Maybe when the 4 door version comes out. If your looking for a sporty family type car, I'd go for the Audi A4.....it's 4 door and it's got the kick of a 1.8T engine, or the 2.8 six.
Old 02-25-2002, 02:17 AM   #5
NooNz

well this car is supposed to be for me....i've gotta help out my parents with the payments on the car....so doesn't really matter if its a sedan or a coupe...
my cousin has the 2.8 quattro...damn that thing goes nuts....
Old 02-25-2002, 11:57 AM   #6
tightteg52

Ok i guess ill add somthing here cause all i've done is sit in one. But from sitting in it the interior rocks i loved it But from what i've heard the suspension is a step down from the old gsr's and type r's but all in all it seems like a great car with lots of potenial. Not nearly as much potneial as the other 3 letter x car the WRX but of course the wrx is in a totaly diffrent league.
Old 02-25-2002, 06:12 PM   #7
TruHeel142

I drove an a4 automatic, and it would kick my Teg's aZZ!!! Get an A4 w/5 speed and wow, u'll be blowing ppl off the road! The handling felt fine too
Old 02-25-2002, 07:35 PM   #8
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I drove an S4 (many times)..

It kinda hauls ass..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 11:00 PM   #9
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by TruHeel142
I drove an a4 automatic, and it would kick my Teg's aZZ!!! Get an A4 w/5 speed and wow, u'll be blowing ppl off the road! The handling felt fine too

whos your rich uncle or sumshit? aint that whose got one in your family your uncle?
Old 02-26-2002, 01:17 AM   #10
Maxvla

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
I drove an S4 (many times)..

It kinda hauls ass..

lmao... kinda hauls ass...
ive never ridden/sat in/or even seen an RSX in person but they look to have lots of goodies from their website.
i dont know about performance mods cuz... what engine is honda putting in it???
Old 02-26-2002, 01:22 AM   #11
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxvla

i dont know about performance mods cuz... what engine is honda putting in it???

It has a 16V DOHC 200hp i-VTEC engine. The i-VTEC engines are mounted so the intake valves are facing forward and the exhaust valves rearward. It also rotates the "opposite" direction I believe.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 01:25 AM   #12
Maxvla

oh brother... another innovation... sounds like no current parts will fit that thing.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:56 AM   #13
NooNz

well i've seen aftermarket mods for the car....but i have a feeling it'll cost a lot more $$$....
Old 02-28-2002, 12:58 AM   #14
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by NooNz
well i've seen aftermarket mods for the car....but i have a feeling it'll cost a lot more $$$....

They might be spendy in the beginning, but I have a feeling they'll come down just like everything else.

Old 02-28-2002, 02:03 AM   #15
Maxvla

natural way of prices... expensive then cheap. as more get on the road the prices will drop. its really getting confusing as to all the different engines honda has. you'd think they would save money only making like half of them. but no. honda hasta make a different engine for every price break on every car. whatever....
Old 02-28-2002, 02:24 AM   #16
NooNz

i sat in the rsx type-s at the toronto autoshow and i loved it....just the fact that everything was where i wanted it when i sat down...easy access to control buttons, easy to reach for the shifter, steering wheel wasn't too close and wasn't too far....but the bad thing i don't like is the performance...mostly i hear how the car doesn't handle that great....and me, personally i think the car lacks in torque (thats why i started a thread on "adding torque")....so is the car really worth it?
Old 02-28-2002, 02:30 AM   #17
Maxvla

well it's good for people that dont really know what a good handling car feels like. newbies that think they have a potent 5.0 killer! HA! anyone serious will upgrade the suspension and trick out the motor anyways so the point is moot.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:22 AM   #18
NooNz

hmm...cuz i wanna spend less money as possible 'cept maybe i/h/e....i'd rather have a nice performing car that's stock than to spend more money on performance mods....

i dunno if that made any sense cuz i'm slowly drifting off since itz about 4:30am....
Old 02-28-2002, 03:26 AM   #19
Maxvla

ah... its early... you shouldnt be tired yet. 94 accord ex and i go round and round at like 5 am on here. (sometimes)
we're not even at the 7th inning stretch yet.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:27 AM   #20
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
ah... its early... you shouldnt be tired yet. 94 accord ex and i go round and round at like 5 am on here. (sometimes)
we're not even at the 7th inning stretch yet.

LMAO.... maybe 5am to you, but I'm on the west coast...

Old 02-28-2002, 03:29 AM   #21
Maxvla

oooh. yeah... ::Smacks head::
Old 02-28-2002, 03:30 AM   #22
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
oooh. yeah... ::Smacks head::

You're definitely a more hardcore HS'er

Old 02-28-2002, 03:36 AM   #23
NooNz

hahaha......i think i'll play some nhl 2001 on ps1....i dunno what else to type.....ummm....
Old 03-17-2002, 08:57 PM   #24
terdonal

Don't know what your prices are like down here but comparing to Audi is putting it in a different price class as the Audi is somewhat higher priced than the RSX typeS. I have no cons as far as I am concerned to date. My last car was CL typeS and yes I do miss some of the features like traction control, avs, etc. but that is why up here there is a $10,000.00 diff in the mrsp. Suspension is certainly better than a GSR and in my opinon is not far off the R type and in a lot areas a superior car which it should be it is new and improved they say. There will be an R type in the RSX over here eventually and it will take it all one step higher. If you are interested in this vehicle drive one and look at some of the RSX forums. Clubrsx.com is the biggest one. You will see that the mods are coming slowly but picking up speed if that is your forte. It is not a drag racing machine but it moves quickly enough and handles well enough against the competition as well as getting good gas mileage. There a lot of vocal people on that site and you will hear all sorts. Sort the wheat from the chaff, drive and compare and decide for your self. A lot of cars out there have their strong points and this car is exactly what it is supposed to be a small sport coupe that does a very good job and why I guess it is one of Car & Drivers top ten cars
Old 03-17-2002, 11:50 PM   #25
tightteg52

ax and 94 accord DO NOT WHORE MY FORUM UP LIKE THIS AGAIN PLEASE! Please utilized the shout out box for useless info like this. I will not closed this thread it has potential but i am considering deleting your posts for this useless whoring IS NOT NEEDED!.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:40 PM   #26
Mr_Sapphire

Well owning an RSX I can say its a damn nice car. I'll agree with the suspension though. if you hit a bump your gonna feel it but its all good cuz its supposed to be like that.

Type S is of course faster and only stick. premium is what I have, its a nice car if you don't like standard you can always use the sport shifter. and if you get either premium or Type S I don't reccomend putting to many people in the car. People in the back don't exactly have alot of leg room.

But overall its a great car. has pretty good speed if you plan on racing, Premium doesn't have a whole lot of starting torque but it moves still.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:32 PM   #27
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by NooNz

well they are workin on the best one now!! an hks turbo kit!! If it wasn't for that i wouldn't be considering a type s but i sure as hell are now!! that and the borla exhaust that was dyno proven by import tuner to give 8 fwhp i might consider one now!

Its up in the air between a a rsx type S or a v8 ls1 camaro i've found that those two suite me better then any other car im considerin.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:49 PM   #28
NooNz

Quote:
Originally posted by tightteg52

well they are workin on the best one now!! an hks turbo kit!! If it wasn't for that i wouldn't be considering a type s but i sure as hell are now!! that and the borla exhaust that was dyno proven by import tuner to give 8 fwhp i might consider one now!

Its up in the air between a a rsx type S or a v8 ls1 camaro i've found that those two suite me better then any other car im considerin.

damn...pretty good...but i wonder how much that will cost for the hks turbo kit....

personally..i'd go with the rsx type s..
1. better fuel comsumption (i4 vs. v8)
2. save money on fuel!
3. i think it looks better
4. reliability
5. exterior/interior looks better (gm cars have a cheap feel to it..too much plastic)
Old 04-16-2002, 11:05 PM   #29
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i drove quite a few of the new RSX-S and i really don't dig them. it is missing something that everuy other honda has

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 11:17 PM   #30
AFGUY

Hey man, I bought a Type-S in December, and it has been VERY FUN to drive. In fact, I have a tendency to get pulled over a bit (although being military now helps me get out of a lot of the tickets). Extremly smooth ride with good pick up (if you rev higher than 6000 RPMs). The interior features are nice and simple, and it gets A LOT of looks. I would do it all over again if I had to. Only problems I have had was with A/C unit (came from factory with small leak in Compressor). Other than that, I have gotten 27 mpg around the city and 34 on the highway, yet it will burn an eclipse and a celica that aren't modified. I have even hung with some of the Mustang GT's, although I have been beat by a few also. Overall. GREAT CAR...BUY BUY BUY
Old 05-19-2002, 07:38 PM   #31
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by AFGUY
Hey man, I bought a Type-S in December, and it has been VERY FUN to drive. In fact, I have a tendency to get pulled over a bit (although being military now helps me get out of a lot of the tickets). Extremly smooth ride with good pick up (if you rev higher than 6000 RPMs). The interior features are nice and simple, and it gets A LOT of looks. I would do it all over again if I had to. Only problems I have had was with A/C unit (came from factory with small leak in Compressor). Other than that, I have gotten 27 mpg around the city and 34 on the highway, yet it will burn an eclipse and a celica that aren't modified. I have even hung with some of the Mustang GT's, although I have been beat by a few also. Overall. GREAT CAR...BUY BUY BUY

Still, I could think of using the $25,000 for a new type-s for better things. $25K could get a low mileage Teg ls/rs w/turbo and suspension mods which would all around woop an rsx, but thats just MY opinion. The debate will continue I guess......
Old 05-20-2002, 12:32 AM   #32
NooNz

to TruHeel142...
i was just wondering why people get or drop in the ls/rs engine into a teg...why not get the gsr engine?...
Old 09-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #33

this is way late but...

the DC5 is one of the BEST FF sports out today.