Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2002, 10:03 PM   #1
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Need some mods opinions please

Ok well guys now since i have just bought my Teg i need some upgrades like intake, bolt on exhaust or headers.but i want stuff that is cheap. ok wat kind of intake should i go with... Ractive or AEM? wat kind of bolt on exhaust (no catback)??
or how about headers?? but if u cna help thanx very much.

Chris
94 Integra
C's 94 InTeGrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:18 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

For an intake, the AEM is definately the way to go..

You dont need to rush things. .Take your time and do it right the first time!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 11:52 PM   #3
slowEJ6

why not catback?

AEM intake, as Accord Man said.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 12:01 AM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

If you are going to bother with intake and exhaust, you will really need to get a catback to maximize performance, along with a high flow cat.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 12:34 AM   #5
tightteg52

Re: Need some mods opinions please

Quote:
Originally posted by C's 94 InTeGrA
Ok well guys now since i have just bought my Teg i need some upgrades like intake, bolt on exhaust or headers.but i want stuff that is cheap. ok wat kind of intake should i go with... Ractive or AEM? wat kind of bolt on exhaust (no catback)??
or how about headers?? but if u cna help thanx very much.

Chris
94 Integra

Hold on there buddy lets slow it down for a minute first things first if you are gonna THINK about modding only use the best save the cash and do it right dont go wastin cash to say that YOU HAVE it do it right a stock car will get more props then a rushed car i know from experience!!

Ok you said its between Aem and ractive!!! now thats a joke Aem wins that one hands down!! if you want exhaust ther e are two ways to go that are worth it buy a cat back kit from greddy apex-i pick a well known company and you've got a winner but the way i'd do it if i were to keep my teg would be go to a muffler shop and get it custom and think about what you are gonna do if turbo is in your future then 3-3.5 piping should do ya well but if no tubo the 2-2.5 with no bigger then a 3 inch tip or you will sound like a bumble bee on crack!!

no on to HEADER no S (sorry pet peve) dc sports is the way to go i heard the 4-2-1 is better for top end and the 4-1 is for low end but im not sure how reliable that source was! that is your basic mods right there but if you want more go which you will we all do then you have a few choices Stick n/a very expensive and to go REALLY fast requires high compression and race gas. choice two go turbo and build up gradually pistons rods etc. and build up boost or three get a new car with more potenial thats what im doing anly cause my tegs a auto! also a great mod is a short shifter i heard dc sports is really good. so good luck and happy parts hunting!

ps dont order from a shady place always go to a well known place even if it costs a little more aint that right truheel? **cough** diablo motorsports **cough**
Old 01-26-2002, 10:00 PM   #6
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Thanx

ya thanx guys for the opinions... i know i gota make some money before i do any of this crap.. well why i dont want a full cat is i had my Plymouth Laser RS (DSM BABY) LOL it had a bolt on and i loved it... it hada really huge sound and it was nice.. and i dont feel like paying 500 frickening dollars for an exhaust.. but ya thas why... i was curious about the intake why don u guys like Ractive?? my friend has one on his 93 teg and its sweet. just curious...

Chris
94 Integra
Old 01-26-2002, 10:26 PM   #7
tightteg52

Re: Thanx

Quote:
ya thanx guys for the opinions... i know i gota make some money before i do any of this crap.. well why i dont want a full cat is i had my Plymouth Laser RS (DSM BABY) LOL it had a bolt on and i loved it... it hada really huge sound and it was nice.. and i dont feel like paying 500 frickening dollars for an exhaust.. but ya thas why... i was curious about the intake why don u guys like Ractive?? my friend has one on his 93 teg and its sweet. just curious...

Chris
94 Integra

trust me two friends of mine one 96 civic with ractive sounds like a screwed up motorcycle and one one here truheel 97 teg Aem sounds sweet as hell ractive gives no gains! also go to a custom muffler shop it will be around 300 you will get gains its your best exhaust bet! trust me!
Old 01-26-2002, 10:27 PM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Re: Thanx

Quote:
it hada really huge sound and it was nice.. and i dont feel like paying 500 frickening dollars for an exhaust..

If you're shelling out all the money for an intake and header, you probably care about performance. Why let your exhaust hinder that? At least if you want to get a muffler, go get custom piping also. The can might sound nice, but a full catback will sound even nicer

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:33 AM   #9
TruHeel142

Re: Re: Thanx

Quote:
Originally posted by tightteg52

trust me two friends of mine one 96 civic with ractive sounds like a screwed up motorcycle and one one here truheel 97 teg Aem sounds sweet as hell ractive gives no gains! also go to a custom muffler shop it will be around 300 you will get gains its your best exhaust bet! trust me!
True that!!!
Old 01-27-2002, 02:08 PM   #10
tightteg52

Re: Re: Re: Thanx

Quote:
Originally posted by TruHeel142

True that!!!

yes i give you props who woulda thought?? but seriously if you dont wanna pay for a full exhaust go custom you get more control and get to pick your tip!
Old 01-27-2002, 03:44 PM   #11
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

ok

Alrgiht thanx guys for the opinions.. well there aint no custom exhaust place around here so that kinda puts a hault to tell me to go to some place like that.. i did see a Thundermuff exhaust system fior like 430 for my car at NOPI.com but i duno... i need money frist.. and i only work like 2 or 1 days a week

Chris
94 Integra
Old 01-27-2002, 06:29 PM   #12
TruHeel142

Re: ok

Quote:
Alrgiht thanx guys for the opinions.. well there aint no custom exhaust place around here so that kinda puts a hault to tell me to go to some place like that.. i did see a Thundermuff exhaust system fior like 430 for my car at NOPI.com but i duno... i need money frist.. and i only work like 2 or 1 days a week

Chris
94 Integra
Have fun modding your car.....All that I ask is that you stay away from ractive, you'll thank me later.
ractive=
ractive=R I C E
Old 01-28-2002, 09:04 PM   #13
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

ok

Alright i will make sure i will stay away form ractive.. oh i wont have fun moding my car.. ithink i aputing all my money ino the audio.. like i am getting it wired Sat.. an iam hopeiong to get 3 12's and about 2 amps.. then i will be bumpin.... hehe...

Chris
94 Integra
Old 01-28-2002, 10:18 PM   #14
tightteg52

Re: ok

Quote:
Alright i will make sure i will stay away form ractive.. oh i wont have fun moding my car.. ithink i aputing all my money ino the audio.. like i am getting it wired Sat.. an iam hopeiong to get 3 12's and about 2 amps.. then i will be bumpin.... hehe...

Chris
94 Integra

sweetness man make sure you get some phat rims not dubs but some nice 17's!
Old 01-29-2002, 10:08 PM   #15
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

hey

ya i know these 12's should be nice.. oh i already got rims for it.. 16in Majestic rims.. with BF Goodrich low pro's.. they came on the car brand new... i talked ot a guy today who owns a shop with paerts and audio and he was telling me about hooking me up wiht alletazz's for $200 and his son owns a custom exhaust shop and is looking me up for a custom exhaust.. i told him to check on a dual 3in.. i hope its not a bad price.. but thas wat i found out.. and this guy can give any one a deal... when i was there he sold a set of MTX 12's with an amp for $150 brand new while it should have been around $200 if u guys lived near me he could really hook ya up..

Chris
94 Integra
Old 01-29-2002, 10:25 PM   #16
tightteg52

Re: hey

Quote:
ya i know these 12's should be nice.. oh i already got rims for it.. 16in Majestic rims.. with BF Goodrich low pro's.. they came on the car brand new... i talked ot a guy today who owns a shop with paerts and audio and he was telling me about hooking me up wiht alletazz's for $200 and his son owns a custom exhaust shop and is looking me up for a custom exhaust.. i told him to check on a dual 3in.. i hope its not a bad price.. but thas wat i found out.. and this guy can give any one a deal... when i was there he sold a set of MTX 12's with an amp for $150 brand new while it should have been around $200 if u guys lived near me he could really hook ya up..

ok please please do NOT put altezzas on your integr a they look so horrible on tegs but its your car. also any way he could kook me up even though i live in NC?? im lookin for 2 12" woofers a box a amp to power them?
Chris
94 Integra
Old 01-30-2002, 08:48 PM   #17
Integra221

Ok...well you should definatly get a full cat-back since you will be restricting air flow with new headers and stock piping coming from your cat

also if you want to find cheap cat-backs go to
http://www.groupbuycenter.com
and if you have friends that are looking into buying a cat-back then you will get it at a group price which is a lot cheaper...also it does'nt matter if they have a differnt car or even ordering a differnt type of exuhst as long as it is from the same vender you can usually talk them into cutting the shiping price down a little if you order a larger quanity

well have fun and happing hunting

Chris

ps: http://www.modacar.com also has some cheap prices
Old 01-30-2002, 10:55 PM   #18
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

hey

tightTeg,

am going down tomrrow to check on a custom exhaust and i will ask about it... wat type of 12's u lookin for and wat kind of amp and how many watts? and i will give ya a quote... ya he always watns business so just let me know on here and i will check for ya..

Integra221, i will chekc out that site and see if i can get a cool one... but hopefully this dudes son will hook me up wiht a good price on a custom exhaust.. but thanx again for everything guys

Chris
94 Integra
Old 01-31-2002, 09:12 AM   #19
Integra221

No problem Chris (thats a good name ) let me know how your custom exhaust works out cause im am having problems trying to find a good cat-back for my car.... I was planning on getting tanabe but then i started to hear some bad things about it.... so if anyone knows what would be a good sized exhaust or even brand of exhaust for a 93 teg ls planning on going ls/vtec please let me know

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-31-2002, 08:08 PM   #20
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

lol

Wow i didnt even realize that theres another chris... oh and u have a very nice name too LOL... well i didnt get a chacne to go down to the guys shop today but i am going tommrrow so if nayone neds anything i can give ya some quotes on stuff...

Chris
94 Integra
(pics be up tomrrow)
Old 01-31-2002, 08:21 PM   #21
TruHeel142

Wow, this is awesome! Its good to see some new Teg owners on this board. And if any of u know anyone else who's interested in Honda's, pls get them over here to our board.

It seems like we are all looking for exhaust's too right now, but it seems like I'll be buying rims before I get my exhaust, I can live with just intake for now
Old 02-01-2002, 10:25 PM   #22
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

hey

Ya i know.. i dont se much nice tegs around here.. except this one my friend has... its a 93.. he has put over i bet 5,000 inot it... its like a show car... and he owns a 92 also thats a nice one too.. well heres an update on the custom exhaust... well the guy gave me a price of $270 wihtout O2 sensors or naything.. i dont think its a bad deal.... but o wel.. i need to save up money now... someone stole $50 off me at schooltoday in weight trainning (lifting class) it pisses me off... but i just earned 50 for a down payment on my 10's i am sellin...

Chris
94 Integra