::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2002, 12:09 PM   #1
maxpsi

Si A/C mounting brackets needed to swap into EX

I am having a B16A2 swapped into my 2k civic ex and they ran into a problem. They said they have to order the A/C compressor, lines, and freon in order for me to have A/C. It's suppose to cost $292. Is this neccessary?

i went to http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/tech/6gtech.html, this is what they said as far as A/C and what is needed for this swap:
10. Del Sol VTEC/99+ US Civic Si A/C mounting bracket
- to match your AC compressor make. ie. Nippondenzo (only if you want AC)

does that make sense? is there not an easier way to retain the A/C than spending the $292 for the compressor, lines, and freon out of the Si???
Old 04-24-2002, 01:57 PM   #2
maxpsi

si A/C mounting brackets needed for swap into EX 6th gen?

he said that the Si compressor is different than the EX compressor (one is denso and one is sandenz) they said that new lines were needed cause they have different connections......i asked them if the AC bracket of the SI would do the job and they said they need: Si compressor(since its different kind than the EX), new lines (for new compressor since the connections for the lines are different), and freon. They said they thought about just using the bracket but they knew that wouldnt work...........i asked him why honda only 2 yrs. ago decided to put a totally different compressor and lines for AC in the Si...and he said he didnt know only that it is a totally different engine than the EX.
Old 04-24-2002, 04:50 PM   #3
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

I can't imagine that they would be different, and even if they are, you should be able to swap them anyways. The beauty of B series engines in that the damn things are like Legos. You can take a bunch of parts from different engines, slap em together, and make just about any engine you want. To tell you the truth, though, I don't know. Maybe the guys in the hybrid forum will. I'm sending this thread their direction.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 10:18 PM   #4
slowEJ6

i went through him with this for like an hour. hope things went alright and in his favor.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote