::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2002, 06:29 PM   #1
umakenosense

Prelude Supercharger or Turbocharger

Which would be better for my daily driven 2000 prelude....supercharger or turbcharger? What brand would u recommend thanx.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:09 AM   #2
MrCLoWnY

This is a question everyone has asked atleast once before deciding to go forced induction. I personally think that you should go Turbo rather than supercharger. Super charger is good in the fact that you get power right when you step on your gas. This is good and bad. It's good becuz you get instant power from the get go. It can be bad becuz when you drag race its all about the launch and with all that power from the get go it is very easy for you to spin your tires. Also, when you drive your car everyday you don't punch it everytime. So if you want to take it easy you'll need to be very easy on the gas. Turbo on the other hand will not kick in till 3000-5000 rpm depending on how big your tubo is. It also gives you better high end power than superchargers. With turbo you get all the added cool things. The blow off sound is dope and the turbo spooling is cool too. Also if you want to boost more on a supercharger you will need to physically change something where as in turbo you simply push a button on your evc inside the car and BAM.. MOre power...... So most definately you should go turbo. Not only will you gain more power from it it is also easier to boost more. I seen a race between two civic Si's. One with greddy turbo and one with a supercharger. The turboed Si smoked the Si with the supercharger. So there you go.... TURBO all the way..... Whatever you choose good luck.