::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2002, 09:47 PM   #1
nauticapinoy

intake manifold and throttle body?

I'm planning to swap a b20 into my civic,now I want to know if I swap my intake manifold and throttle body what are some good brands.Is it worth it to do it though?Later i'm gonna go turbo but that will be a while down the road after my b20 swap.so what da deal?opinions are more than welcome.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:09 AM   #2
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Stock until turboed.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 06:55 PM   #3
Boosted3g

We have always shown good gains with the Skunk2 and it will work well with forced induction. It will really do well with the B20. For the throttlebody if you can scrounge up one for cheap slap it on if not then dont worry about it, just run the stocker. You wont get much bang for the buck from it.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:37 AM   #4
nauticapinoy

so really don't worry bout the throttle body and wait till iget boost for the intake manifold, right?
Old 02-06-2002, 07:52 PM   #5
Incubus

If you go for Jackson supercharger you won't have to worry about either, since the supercharger replaces the intake manifold and throttle body.
If your looking at turbo, check into the intake manifolds with individual throttle bodies, but they are a bit pricey, and probably not worth it especially since your going turbo.

I agree, unless you have extra cash, stick with stock throttle body but go for a high flow intake manifold. At the very least port your stock manifold so that the turbo can force more air down your engine's throat.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:24 PM   #6
Boosted3g

The JRSC dont replace your throttlebody it just reloactes it a little. You still reuse your curent one.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:33 PM   #7
Incubus

True true, my mistake. Still, I'm figuring you'd be fine with stock throttle body, but you can always benefit from a better one.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:16 AM   #8
MrCLoWnY

Don't waste your money on a throttle body and intake manifold. Its useless and you probably will not gain noticeable gain in performance. You should just save that money towards your turbo kit.