::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2002, 07:03 PM   #1
maxfli7677

Increaseing displacement ?????

I just recently purchased a jdm H22a. I am looking to build the motor and then turbo it. But I would like to increase the displacement. I plan on resleeving the motor, and bore the cylinders to .030 over or .060 or maybe more. But too what extent can i take this to? I am also looking to increases the stroke. But I am unfamiliar on how to do so. Should I buy longer rods? Do I have to buy a new performance crank? Or should I do both. In doing so, after this is all said an done what are my rev limitations going to be? Will I be able to rev the motor higher or lower? How much can i expect the displacement to increase?Please help!!
Old 12-23-2002, 03:02 PM   #2
nonovurbizniz

You don't really need to increase the displacement of a 2.2.

you can do it buy buying SHORTER rods or a crank with shortened lobes (can't think of what they're called). or bore over..

as far as redline that is more dependent on your valvetrain then your bottom end... theoretically you decrease your motors ability to rev high when you shorten your rods or crank lobes. but this is not always the case.

as far as how much disp. I can't imagine you going over 2.5->2.8

I think that may even be high...

These are VERY advanced questions the kind which you will NOT get a proper answer to on the internet... If your serious about this project I'd start looking for some reputable shops that build honda engines and ask them all these Q's.

good luck
Old 12-23-2002, 03:45 PM   #3
Boosted3g

buying shorter rods will do nothing other than give you such a low compression ratio the car wont run. The only things that can change diplacement is stroke or bore. So youll have to swap out the crank or bore it out.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:06 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i see no reason on increasing the displacement on a h22.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 06:51 AM   #5
Boosted3g

I can see sleeving it and boring it but not changing the stroke. You will always make power on a Honda by boring it. There is a point where the flame front cant travel fast enough to get a complete burn because of too large of a bore but youll never reach it on a Honda.