Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2002, 04:03 AM   #1
dudeman47

Ecu

Ok,
I got a 95 GSR (built so far for all mtr). I am running a new set of pistons, Type R cams, and everything on the motor has been replace for speed. Unfortunately, I still have the factory ECU with no a/f piggy back on it. I am thinking that if I was to put on a new computer (Gude, Skunk2, etc) i should have gains in HP just from the fact that they would be built for performance. I would like to go with the Hondata ECU (for ease of control), is that a learning computer, that will tailor the air and fuel for my motor for the best performance? Also recommendations for ECU's would help (preferably with DYNO numbers not just opinions).
Old 11-27-2002, 12:22 AM   #2
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

ECU dyno results are useless- it's all about how the ECU is tuned. For your setup, I'd recommend the OEM ITR ECU. If you're set on an aftermarket, go with a standalone and have someone who knows what they're doing tune it. The most important part of swapping the ECU is to have someone who knows what they're doing tune it for you.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 06:20 PM   #3
BlazinCrx

Hondata is the way to go. They are easy to install and the software and charts are easy enough to use that you can tune it yourself. the only disadvantage is having to have a labtop. I have one on my GSR and after a couple runs on the dyno and some street tuning I was ready to go.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:22 AM   #4
All-Motor EG6

I agree with BlazinCRX, if your going to go AllMotor, Hondata is the way to be. Alot of times they will even give you discount on dyno tuning it if you buy from a dealer with a dyno. Thats how our local Hondata dealer is.