::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2002, 09:36 PM   #1
juvenile

what are the best upgrades to start...

I'm wondering since I'm going to be selling my concorde (lol) and getting a car this summer for sure. There is already a thread going on about which car to get, if you want to help out...post here, http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...3472#post23472

Anyways, since I'm probably not going to go over my budget as I was hoping to at one point, I might have some money left after the car is bought. Maybe ~1k can.

What kind of upgrades should I do. I want to do those rear brake lights (not sure what they are called, think it's altezzas, correct me if I'm wrong). But the rest I want to put into small engine parts...what do you people recommend?
Old 01-18-2002, 01:43 PM   #2
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

The best "bang for the buck" is to save for FI. I would go for the turbo. You will love it.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 04:57 PM   #3
slowEJ6

i agree, FI is where its at. unless of course youd rather have an All Motor setup. depends what YOU want.
if yer gonna go for FI, just wait on all your performance mods, and i mean all of them. you can go ahead and lower your car and get bigger wheels and all that......
if yer staying all motor......go ahead and get intake, exhaust, header, ignitition, blah blah blah. depends how soon you are going to be doing expensive mods too. i mean if its going to take you a few years to go turbo, then go ahead and get i/h/e now, or just i/e, whatever you want.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 05:07 PM   #4
SiSpeed2000

well it depends on how much you have to spend...I would say do the basics like intake,exhaust,rims,dropped, and then you can move on to the bigger things...
Old 01-18-2002, 09:51 PM   #5
juvenile

Well yeah I don't have bling blinging cash to spend on cars lol.
So I want a little look but more engine.
Basically I want the rear braking lights (altezzas I believe)
and just to lower it a bit. Other than that ALL MOTOR!
As biker would say "PURE RAW POWER BABY! "

How much does a turbo go for? A decent one?
Old 01-18-2002, 11:39 PM   #6
SiSpeed2000

yes they are called altezzas...and as for a good turbo my buddy just found one(i forget which company) but it was rated very good and they want like 2,600...but I would say anywhere from 2,000-2,700 for something descent
Old 01-19-2002, 09:33 AM   #7
juvenile

That's US dollars too I'm guessing?
Old 01-19-2002, 12:49 PM   #8
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
That's US dollars too I'm guessing?
you betcha.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 01:14 PM   #9
juvenile

Damn, that's pretty expensive!
At least with the money I have.
Old 01-19-2002, 02:19 PM   #10
SiSpeed2000

yes but as i always say it takes time....
Old 01-20-2002, 05:38 PM   #11
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Well so far... My best mod for the money on my civic has been a rear sway bar.. @ $150 you cant beat it.. My car feels like a totally different handling car.. I love the sway bar..
Old 01-20-2002, 06:41 PM   #12
SiSpeed2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Well so far... My best mod for the money on my civic has been a rear sway bar.. @ $150 you cant beat it.. My car feels like a totally different handling car.. I love the sway bar..
really? what brand u get?
Old 01-20-2002, 07:20 PM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by SiSpeed2000
really? what brand u get?

Skunk2 21mm Rear Swaybar... The only problem Ive had with the bar is getting it.. I ordered it from NRG Racing, The box got ripped open in shipping and all my mounting hardware got lost. NRG sent me the bar and Skunk was supposed to be sending me the mounting Hardware, well they didnt have any more, they finally found some sent them to me it was missing parts, I thought just 2 parts, so they "tried" (or so they say) to send me the 2 parts those supposedly got lost in shipping, they had to send them again, went to install it realized I was missing 2 more bolts, Said screw it, went to lowes and bought those cause I wasnt about to mess with them anymore..

Ive had it on for a couple days now and have played with it some.. I cant believe how much of a different the bar makes.. Even with my stock wheels with really crappy tires, corners I was taking before my tires would yell like a banshi, now I can take the corner at least 5mph faster and the crappy tires dont even make a noise... Its amazing.. I cant wait to get my 15s with my good tires back on, and go rip up some roads!!!!

The bar would probably feel perfect on you SI since you have a 26mm Front sway bar.. Cause I know It feels great with my 22mm Front sway bar..

Old 01-20-2002, 09:12 PM   #14
juvenile

Hmmmm thanks for the tip!
Old 01-21-2002, 12:22 AM   #15
SiSpeed2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

Skunk2 21mm Rear Swaybar... The only problem Ive had with the bar is getting it.. I ordered it from NRG Racing, The box got ripped open in shipping and all my mounting hardware got lost. NRG sent me the bar and Skunk was supposed to be sending me the mounting Hardware, well they didnt have any more, they finally found some sent them to me it was missing parts, I thought just 2 parts, so they "tried" (or so they say) to send me the 2 parts those supposedly got lost in shipping, they had to send them again, went to install it realized I was missing 2 more bolts, Said screw it, went to lowes and bought those cause I wasnt about to mess with them anymore..

Ive had it on for a couple days now and have played with it some.. I cant believe how much of a different the bar makes.. Even with my stock wheels with really crappy tires, corners I was taking before my tires would yell like a banshi, now I can take the corner at least 5mph faster and the crappy tires dont even make a noise... Its amazing.. I cant wait to get my 15s with my good tires back on, and go rip up some roads!!!!

The bar would probably feel perfect on you SI since you have a 26mm Front sway bar.. Cause I know It feels great with my 22mm Front sway bar..

sounds like something I may look into soon....thanks a lot..