Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2002, 07:26 PM   #1
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Installing ignition system....

Ok. I have the MSD 6AL(thanks boosted for helping figure that one out), MSD Blaster 3 Coil, and will have shortly the NGK plug wires.

Upon opening the coil & ignition up I noticed that there is NO way for me to connect the coil to the distributor. I found an ARTICLE on how to install the ignition & coil but they used the MSD SCI & Blaster SS coil. The Blaster SS coil apparently comes with the post for the distributor to put the wire on that goes to the coil. The Blaster 3 has nothing like this(not even the damn coil bracket to mount it ).

So my question is, how the heck do I wire this up? Does the Blaster SS come with the post & the wires to connect to the coil? I called Summit Racing where I got it and the weren't 100% sure. MSD also doesn't make a distributor cap for the 99-00 Si.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:57 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i really don't know what to say man. I heard ppl were sending their distribuitor caps to msd for modifications. i don't know but in the article said about an adapter that will bypass the internal coil and will be able to work with an external one. Also fir the bracket you can make one urself. Just go to the autoparts store and get one of those clmaps for the exhaust system. iot should do the trick. Where in OH are u from ? Are u close to Akron ? Summit Racing has a store down in Talmage. I'll go there tommorrow and see what i can find for you.

~Stefan

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 05:22 AM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i really don't know what to say man. I heard ppl were sending their distribuitor caps to msd for modifications. i don't know but in the article said about an adapter that will bypass the internal coil and will be able to work with an external one. Also fir the bracket you can make one urself. Just go to the autoparts store and get one of those clmaps for the exhaust system. iot should do the trick. Where in OH are u from ? Are u close to Akron ? Summit Racing has a store down in Talmage. I'll go there tommorrow and see what i can find for you.

~Stefan

I'm going to call MSD today and see what's up. I dunno what the heck I'm supposed to do.

I live in Centerville (outside of Dayton, near the Dayton Mall).

I appreciate your help. Let me know what you find out..
Old 01-03-2002, 03:41 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i didn't go today because of a fight with my dad. Maybe i'll go next week sometimes. Tommorow the car is due for some repairs and i'll be hondaless for a few days.

Old 01-04-2002, 05:15 PM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

UPDATE!

Well I spoke to MSD. The MSD modified distributor cap(MSD part# 8292) will work with the 99-00 Si. It also includes the cable to attach it to the coil.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:10 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

so did u get the coil the first time or not ? Just curious.

Old 01-05-2002, 06:53 AM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
so did u get the coil the first time or not ? Just curious.

I'm not sure what you mean? I ordered the coil & ignition. I just ordered the distributor cap & coil bracket.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:23 AM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sorry i was refering to the cap. I was too tired last night