Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2001, 10:07 PM   #1
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Post Upgrading the ignition system....

Here within the next couple of days I'm going to upgrade my ignition system. I've pretty much figured what I want. What I need to know is if the prices I have are good. Here's the list.
Ignition
MSD 6A $191.30
www.dynamicturbo.com
NGK Wires $57.50
www.coximport.com
MSD Blaster 3 Coil $40.70
www.dynamicturbo.com
TOTAL $289.50

I lost most of my bookmarks so the sites I had(way over 100) are gone. If you guys could lend a hand I'd appreciate it. Also any suggestion are welcome too. The goal will likely be turbo, but I figure I'll need the upgrade regardless of the path I take. thanks.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:55 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i duuno about what nkg wires u talking but i saw some like nkg 19.95 @ www.summitracing.com

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 11:01 PM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I found some cheaper prices....
MSD 6A $131.95
www.summitracing.com
NGK Wires $57.50
www.coximport.com
MSD Blaster 3 Coil $31.95
www.summitracing.com
TOTAL $221.40

The NGKs are the blue set. I think the only have one type. Not sure. Well I've dropped it about $67 so far. The more the merrier.
Old 12-29-2001, 07:08 AM   #4
Boosted3g

I would get everything form Summit Racing. If you order it all from them the total for shipping will only be like 7 bucks for 2-3 day delivery. Plus they are top notch. I have never had a problem with any of the orders i have received. One thi8ng that i would change is the 6A to a 6AL. You want the soft touch rev limiter expecially with nitrous. It wont be good to have the juice flowing and hit fuel cut.
Old 12-29-2001, 07:21 AM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Boosted3g
I would get everything form Summit Racing. If you order it all from them the total for shipping will only be like 7 bucks for 2-3 day delivery. Plus they are top notch. I have never had a problem with any of the orders i have received. One thi8ng that i would change is the 6A to a 6AL. You want the soft touch rev limiter expecially with nitrous. It wont be good to have the juice flowing and hit fuel cut.

Well I just ordered the coil & ignition from Summit. They're based in Ohio do I just got the ground shipping since I'm pretty close.

What do you mean about the 6AL? form what I can tell all it will do is give me an RPM limit which wouldn't be all that useful. Maybe I'm not reading it right.
http://www.msdignition.com/1msdign.htm
Old 12-30-2001, 07:26 AM   #6
Boosted3g

Yes thats all its is. But when you hit the rev limiter on the ecu it will cut fuel to keep it from reving higher. With a igniion baed rev limit like the MSD you cut every other spark in each cylinder therefore it does not rev higher and it does not go lean. If your running any sort of FI it is a must have item. It adds a few bucks but it is far safer.
Old 12-30-2001, 10:21 AM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Boosted3g
Yes thats all its is. But when you hit the rev limiter on the ecu it will cut fuel to keep it from reving higher. With a igniion baed rev limit like the MSD you cut every other spark in each cylinder therefore it does not rev higher and it does not go lean. If your running any sort of FI it is a must have item. It adds a few bucks but it is far safer.

Well damn. I already ordered my stuff. They haven't sent me a shipping notice so maybe I can change it.