::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2003, 04:34 PM   #1
sideshow775

Need more Horses!!!!!!

hey could neone tell me what i could do to my 93 lude to increase the hp. i know that Nos, turbo and engine swap will do it nicely. But what else could i do to increase the hp too its fullest. Thanx a lot.
sideshow775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 06:22 PM   #2
pimpinprelude

hummm..i/e/h that would help some... you cold rebuild the engine and put performance stuff in there, like pistons, cam shafts (I think your car is DOHC)? or you can gut the car out, for every 100 pounds you loose, it frees up 5 hp. Or you can get some big yellow APC or NOS stickers.... ooo or u can fill the tires with a lot of air... so u will roll faster..

Last edited by pimpinprelude : 04-21-2003 at 03:37 PM.
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:09 PM   #3
ShEaNy

first what engine do u have....if u dont have the H22..put that in there..that should be more then enough power even stock...or just throw Intake headers and exhaust....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:54 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

what trim level is your car ? do u have a 2.2 sohc engine, a 2.3 dohc or the mother of all 4 bangers h22 ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:26 PM   #5
sideshow775

I am sportin a DOHC but i am prolly gonna put in a h22. So does that help yeas out at all?
sideshow775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:57 PM   #6
ShEaNy

u have the h23?? well u could work with that engine but the H22 is so much better....it has mad power.. like honda said.. the MOTHER of all 4 bangers
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:14 AM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

if you want to turbocharge the engine, keep that one. its a little larger displacment. theres enough out there for the car that i dont think you will run out of parts to buy. the aftermarket isnt AS big, but ive seen fully built h23's so it can be done. if your looking to turbocharge, and want some quick fix for a bit more power power, get an exaust(full cat back no smaller than 2.5 inch piping) and start saving for a f-max turbo kit or a drag gen3 if they make them for h23's.

you could also buy n2o (not nos, thats just the company) if you want a quick fix. nitrous usualy resales fast if you wana get nitrous, then save for a turbo kit. nitrous will just keep you buying refills and if you like to haul ass around alot and spray every day.. well.. save for the h22, because you need to be responsible with nitrous

you can buy the h22 also. then i/h/e and have a decently quick car. thats my current setup with a few other mods here and there. throw some cams and a clutch in there, and good driving, and you'll be in the 13's no problem.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote