Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Destroying the english language Pt. 2

I told you it was coming and here it is. More instances of humanity dumbing itself down and practically breaking it's own neck to see who can become the biggest moron in the shortest time. Leading this elite pack of stupid by a slim margin is the "dialect" known as ebonics (note: quotations used because ebonics is not a real form of speech...rather the lax enforcement thereof. It is also important to note that a lot of white folks use this kind of speech as well...I'm not picking on black people). In an effort to understand how people with normal brains speak in a manner which would suggest they have the thinking capacity of the common earthworm, here are a few words and/or phrases that cannot be used properly ever. As Maddox once said, "if these words were people, I would embrace their genocide":

"Cheddah" - As used in reference to currency. Likely from the government assistance of cheese, bread, juice, etc. that accompanies welfare on the 1st and 15th of the month. Part shameful, all stupid.

"Skrilla" - Again...a currency reference. There is no reason for this work to exist. Period.

"Knot" - Once again, currency or rather a large denomination of it. I suppose you could tie money into a knot, but you still lose. These people are like eskimos who have 11 different words for snow/ice but no word for hello. They've got a dozen useless phrases for money, but no word for intelligence.

"C.R.E.A.M." - Stands for "cash rules everything around me". This was big when I was in high school. If cash rules everything around you, not only are you a vapid, souless materialist, but perhaps you should think of relocating. 5/10 for creativity but minus several million for being a dipshit.

"My baby daddy" - No.

"What's crackin'?" - I said NO!

"Get jiggy" - Let's not.

"How you be?" - Holy shit...I stroked out there for a minute.

Dishonorable mention: Replacing the letters "th" with the letter "f". Examples - "teef", "birfday", etc.

I could go on all day, but I feel a stabbing pain in my right temporal lobe that tells me I just got dumber. These words are in large part not at all cultural, but rather pure douche baggery. It barely even qualifies as slang. If you want to make up new words for old words, at least base them in the realm of reference or at the very least mildly intelligent. I would say that people using these phrases should be shot, but any attempt to do so might result in bodily injury if they get their gun first. This kind of talk is beyond stupid, worthless, and above all useless. It's a trifecta but instead of winning anything, the english language gets it up the ass.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
Robert
R-Tard

I think rappers are enslaving our black population with words like this and it in turn is appressing. Who is going to hire someone who talks like 'its my birfday today'? no one in their right mind would.

Its amazing to me that people even think its cool to talk like their stupid.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
dabouncerx24

You're so right dude.

Check these out, I hate these like hell.

You "IS" cool/What IS you doing.

Or something like She is HURT. Hurt as in ugly, not in pain.

I'm digressing now, but since Robert brought up the fact that some people thinks speaking stupid is the same as speaking cool. Some people think acting stupid like a loudass horse having a seizure is being cool also.
They think stupid is a synonymn for cool. Period.
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
CD5Passion

Re: Destroying the english language Pt. 2

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

"Skrilla" - Again...a currency reference. There is no reason for this work to exist. Period.

holy shit Steve made a typo!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:50 AM   #5
MissJDM

Sadly, the two Asians caught it first! I had to go back and read that sentence two more times to make sure it wasn't me!

Steven.. I got you x 2 !!!!

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:24 AM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Re: Re: Destroying the english language Pt. 2

Quote:
Originally posted by CD5Passion
holy shit Steve made a typo!

My apologies. Regardless of the fact that I've got no arms and type faster than you, you're right...I misplaced one letter. From now on I'll have to start calling you Poirot.

Official typo tally - me: 1 Ben: 1,030,893,009,678

I win.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Last edited by GT40FIED : 01-05-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:29 AM   #7
CD5Passion

Re: Re: Re: Destroying the english language Pt. 2

Quote:
My apologies. Regardless of the fact that I've got no arms and type faster than you, you're right...I misplaced one letter. From now on I'll have to start calling you Poirot.

Official typo tally - me: 1 Ben: 1,030,7893,009,678

I win.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #8
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally posted by dabouncerx24
You're so right dude.

Check these out, I hate these like hell.

You "IS" cool/What IS you doing.

Or something like She is HURT. Hurt as in ugly, not in pain.

I'm digressing now, but since Robert brought up the fact that some people thinks speaking stupid is the same as speaking cool. Some people think acting stupid like a loudass horse having a seizure is being cool also.
They think stupid is a synonymn for cool. Period.

Couldn't agree more with you. A song we've all heard 'lets get retarded in here' I can't remember the last time I wanted to suffer the rest of my life with a mental disability was.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
Mischief

You guys are over-critical, get over it.

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #10
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
Couldn't agree more with you. A song we've all heard 'lets get retarded in here' I can't remember the last time I wanted to suffer the rest of my life with a mental disability was.

ok bad example because that song is about getting fucked up, so bad grammar is ok in that sense..god knows when I get "retarded" I'm literally retarded
Old 01-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #11
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Hey....didn't I have a post in here?

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

No... Get over it.

R.A.P.P.E.R.S= Real Africans Pronounce Poorly Ebonics Rules Stupidity.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Rob...you had a post in Pt. 1.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #14
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

What about the title of this thread?
http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showt...threadid=25809

Is that good english?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #15
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
What about the title of this thread?
http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showt...threadid=25809

Is that good english?

Old 01-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #16
nonovurbizniz

I don't like the part of ebonics where they try to sound un educated (although I do like that it's soul purpose (when done intentionally) is to piss of uptight white people).

HOWEVER... other than that I think that rap culture and ebonics is great... it is constantly growing and evolving and it takes quite a bit of smarts or at least quick thinking to keep up with it as it develops...

The only problem is that the only people really studying or appreciatting it are either the ones pulling the strings and white dudes who major in it in college.

But I don't really agree with those who would so quickly dismiss it all as crap... don't get me wrong TONS and TONS of it is total crap... but a LOT of these dudes are REALLY smart and write VERY intelligent crap that is both rythmically and lyrically VERY highly evolved IMO.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #17
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
I don't like the part of ebonics where they try to sound un educated (although I do like that it's soul purpose (when done intentionally) is to piss of uptight white people).

HOWEVER... other than that I think that rap culture and ebonics is great... it is constantly growing and evolving and it takes quite a bit of smarts or at least quick thinking to keep up with it as it develops...

The only problem is that the only people really studying or appreciatting it are either the ones pulling the strings and white dudes who major in it in college.

But I don't really agree with those who would so quickly dismiss it all as crap... don't get me wrong TONS and TONS of it is total crap... but a LOT of these dudes are REALLY smart and write VERY intelligent crap that is both rythmically and lyrically VERY highly evolved IMO.

the only problem is that it makes you sounds stupid and I have yet to run into any guys who speak ebonics and are intellectual. When I worked at CircuitCity the only guys who ever spoke ebonics were those white teens who thought they were cool with there pants around their ankles, the black guys who generally were missing teeth and smelled funny.
The bigger problem is that 90% of the people who speak it think they gonna be the next major rap star or basketball player. They don't think about their life past the age of 25-30
Old 01-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #18
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

I use them jokingly.

jokingly.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #19
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

My only question about ebonics is... Why? Sure it may help you increase your "street cred" if your business is street pharmaceuticals, or busting out lyrical masterpieces while hanging out with your homies.

Write a professional memo to someone at a company in ebonics and let me know where that gets you. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #20
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
My only question about ebonics is... Why? Sure it may help you increase your "street cred" if your business is street pharmaceuticals, or busting out lyrical masterpieces while hanging out with your homies.

Write a professional memo to someone at a company in ebonics and let me know where that gets you. Thanks.

eeeeexactly
Old 01-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #21
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

Oh man...I'm soooo going to do that now.

Subject: Quarterly earnins 'n shit

To: All y'all muthafuckas
CC: Tha hatas

Y'all fools seem to be fadin on da job. We ain't been clockin' that dolla like we's spossed to 'n shit, nah mean? We be needin to get this shit on lock if we's gonna surpass last years numbas. Somebody say word! Deys gonna be a team meetin 'n shit to set y'all niggaz straght. Dis shit don't get fixed soon we's gonna be smoked by one of dem otha accounting firms. Y'all want that on yo head? Muthafuckas best be representin in tha new fiscal year or I gonna be cuttin some necks. Best believe dat. Any question, hollah!

Lick deez nuts,

Johnny Whiteass, CFO

Bwahahaha. That was fun.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:43 PM   #22
CD5Passion

Quote:

Y'all fools seem to be fadin on da job. We ain't been clockin' that dolla like we's spossed to 'n shit, nah mean? We be needin to get this shit on lock if we's gonna surpass last years numbas. Somebody say word! Deys gonna be a team meetin 'n shit to set y'all niggaz straght. Dis shit don't get fixed soon we's gonna be smoked by one of dem otha accounting firms. Y'all want that on yo head? Muthafuckas best be representin in tha new fiscal year or I gonna be cuttin some necks. Best believe dat. Any question, hollah!

Lick deez nuts,

Johnny Whiteass, CFO

Bwahahaha. That was fun.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #23
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

Lick deez nuts,

Johnny Whiteass, CFO

Bwahahaha. That was fun.

someone give this guy a tranquilizer

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:38 AM   #24
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

more...i says MOAR....I SAYZ MOARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #25
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

Thanks Steve.....I know I'm slowing losing my mind but damn.....

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

Bwahahaha. That was fun.

Okay... That was DAMN funny!