Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2002, 11:01 AM   #1
gambit820

91 Civic Hatchback what should i do

i have a few questions:

1st; i know i am going to get an exhuast for my car thats a given, but my car is an auto matic (yuck first car was a clutch but it wont a honda) should i waste my money getting premofance mods, i man is it thesable, i want to beable to race like i did wit my mazda (RIP ELIZA)

2nd can any body tell me if getting iridium spark plugs will increase my hp??? one of my friends say it will but i want to be sure before i shell out 50 dollars
Old 02-27-2002, 11:07 AM   #2
AzCivic

My 2 cents: I think an automatic isn't really worth putting money into because no matter what mods you make your still going to be held back by what the tranny wants to do. And as far as sparkplugs go I think the only time you actually see an HP increase by switching them is if you have some high HP engine to begin with.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 11:09 AM   #3
gambit820

so its just a waste of my time, i might as well just make it look nice and sound nice but still have it slow
Old 02-27-2002, 11:16 AM   #4
AzCivic

Yeah, but some mods will make you a little faster but if your looking into going really fast I'd go with a manual tranny especially on our low hp cars. I mean with Honda all the power is in the top end of the rev's and I don't think an automatic will let you get there.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:18 AM   #5
gambit820

do you know how much a conversion will cost
matic - manual
Old 02-27-2002, 11:23 AM   #6
AzCivic

Oh man I'm not sure but I do know it'll be ALOT! Call up a junk yard and find out what it costs for just the parts that'll give you an idea but then you got to add labor which will be a grip unless you could figure out how to do it yourself. But thats alot of work and money for a civic but if you've got the cash then more power to ya, but if you're going to do that you might as well just fo an engine swap which will give you a new tranny anyway.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:32 AM   #7
gambit820

i heard it was a lot but no one KNOWs how much for sure so i guess i will just stick with this one make it look nice rims, body kit etc, and after i hook it up get another car, 91 accord well thanks for you help man
Old 02-27-2002, 11:33 AM   #8
AzCivic

You're welcome!
Old 02-27-2002, 07:06 PM   #9
tightteg52

HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!! I too have a auto and hate it but it is posible to make a fast auto it just takes a bit o work how much if your still interested i might tell ya
Old 02-27-2002, 07:12 PM   #10
AzCivic

My bad. But do you see the same kind of increase if you were to put the same mod on a manual?