::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2003, 04:29 PM   #1
sc0rch

95 civic door panel removal

ok i know there is 1 plastic screw and 1 screw in the door where the automatic window switch is.......and thats it so far.....but what i cant figure out is how to get the door handle and lock plate off.....that little piece of plastic that surrounds the handel.......no screws and it feels like it might break it i pull too hard......can anyone give me info on removing the panels
Old 02-04-2003, 03:15 PM   #2
Azkikr111

im not sure on yours, but on the '96s, we have 3 screws around the speaker (not including the additional 3 screws holding in the door speaker) and one screw in the door handle by the lock, plus one more screw inside the little armrest cup...after that, its just plastic pull clips on the inside.

to get the door lock trim peice off, you must pull and twist in the CW direction and use some common sense to find out how "the rectangle fits through the oval" kinda procedure....this is where passing geometry in school gets you through life's 'troublesome times'

Old 02-04-2003, 03:34 PM   #3
sc0rch

i assumed i had to twist it but i didnt wanna try untill i knew for sure.....i hoped that it was easier than that.....damn thing
Old 02-04-2003, 09:55 PM   #4
Azkikr111

yeah, you just have to manuever the trim peice around the door latch, its not hard, just takes a little intuition, thats all