::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2002, 12:50 AM   #1
Shot 2 Hel

95 Corolla v. new Beetle

If any of you folks from the Memphis area know where Church road is in S-haven it was on there. I was on my way to my date's house when I saw one of those new beetle's just zipping in and out of cars thinking they were all big and bad, so i pull up beside this guy. I wasnt really looking for a race but he starts to rev his engine. So when the light turns green i gun it and make it a few car lengths before i let up. Nothing special but a hell of a lot of fun.... just thought i would mention it.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:18 AM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice kill. My mom used to have a 96 corolla automagic... wasn't too fast though.

Is yours modded?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 02:22 AM   #3
Shot 2 Hel

nope, im not doing anything to it. Just a car to get me around till i can afford something a bit faster. It isnt fast at all, good gas mileage though if my mom is driving it.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:30 AM   #4
Shot 2 Hel

i read that back in the day Corollas used to be all that and a bag o chips thou. Like '87-ish
Old 12-31-2002, 11:58 AM   #5
a96710

Nice Kill
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 03:32 PM   #6
Matrix

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
96 corolla automagic...

automagic?!?! So when you shift, you yell "ABRA-CADABRA!!!"

LOL, just messin' with ya...
Old 01-01-2003, 02:58 PM   #7
pauls-si

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
i read that back in the day Corollas used to be all that and a bag o chips thou. Like '87-ish

Yeah, the 84-87 corolla gts's were some good cars. They had the 4age in them and they were the last of the corollas that had the front engine rear wheel drive layout.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:30 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

i read that in a magazine but it didnt say why. It just said that back in 87 a stock corolla could beat a stock civic. It was in an article all about the argument between what import was better Honda or Toyota, which both of them have their good and bad points, i think the magazine was Hot Compact and Import but i might be wrong. It was whatever i found on the wal-mart shelf.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:52 PM   #9
silver

the hachi's were awesome. There are a lot of AE86 drivers around here who take them into the mountains and race the silvias. The corolla to have though is the european T version. Thing would shut down a type-r in a second, too bad they don't bring those over here, we get the cheesy Corolla S
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 07:40 PM   #10
Shot 2 Hel

we dont get the new Civic SiR either, lucky euros
Old 01-09-2003, 04:09 PM   #11
MoneyToSpend

Hachi's!!

aaahhhhh!! havent heard anyone in the states give the hachis any props...i lived in japan for 6 years, and i feel in love with em'. i came here and everyone says,"why do you want a pos like that? dude, buy a honda...." the best hachi ever made was only released in japan, it was the GTV. it was a stock supercharged 4A. oh, it was beautiful. but anyway, drifting is the best, and will always be the best. whoever said the racing in the mountain comment....thats prolly what they were doing...nothing can outdrift a hachi. oh and nice kill man.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:15 PM   #12
MoneyToSpend

hachi beating civic....umm, yeah

i forgot to say that the 4A-GE was Toyota's (to me) greatest development for a 4 cylinder. the 4A was a sports car motor, but still had the fuel economy that the 80's car owner wanted. somewhere around 127 hp from a 1.6l twin cam 4 banger in the early 80's was awesome...considering that the 5.0 fox body stangs were getting somewhere in that figure too. anyway...my .02
Old 01-09-2003, 06:15 PM   #13
Matrix

What the hell is a "hachi"?
Old 01-09-2003, 09:11 PM   #14
pauls-si

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix
What the hell is a "hachi"?

Hachi is japanese for 8 and roku is 6. When you hear the term hachiroku they're referring to the ae86 the corolla chassis code.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:16 PM   #15
pauls-si

Re: hachi beating civic....umm, yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by MoneyToSpend
i forgot to say that the 4A-GE was Toyota's (to me) greatest development for a 4 cylinder. the 4A was a sports car motor, but still had the fuel economy that the 80's car owner wanted. somewhere around 127 hp from a 1.6l twin cam 4 banger in the early 80's was awesome...considering that the 5.0 fox body stangs were getting somewhere in that figure too. anyway...my .02

Yeah, i agree. The 4A-GE was one of the best toyota motors ever made. Oh yeah don't forget the 4A-GZE and the 4A-GE 20 valve.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:08 PM   #16
MoneyToSpend

Re: Re: hachi beating civic....umm, yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by pauls-si
Yeah, i agree. The 4A-GE was one of the best toyota motors ever made. Oh yeah don't forget the 4A-GZE and the 4A-GE 20 valve.

i would never forget about the GZE, my buddy had a supercharged MR2 in japan, it was awesome. anything toyota is like god gift to cars...hehe..but you can never forget about the limited production model AE-86 GTV. i know ive already said this, not many ppl know about it..
Old 01-10-2003, 09:46 PM   #17
Shot 2 Hel

ive never heard of the GTV but the AE86 ive heard a lil about