::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2004, 09:21 PM   #1
mavaaoife

Tranny Swap

When I bought my 94 civic back in July.. it had 114K miles... and I got it for $4995. Is it worth doing a tranny swap? Right now its a auto.. because right after my accident with 4 pelvic fractures I couldnt drive a manual... now im sick of this auto.. Is it worth it? Or is it just worth getting rid of the civic and getting something new. I thought about my new project car to be a mkiv...

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:05 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

depends on what you want to do with the car imo.
At that kind of mileage Id just get a bseries and then do the manual swap.
If you can get a really good deal on a tranny that isnt a pos, then maybe its worth it.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:21 PM   #3
Fatal070

honestly it can be a pain in the ass... but its possible my friend got into that whole mess ... I'd sell the car and buy a manny if I was in your shoes but im not so it's your choice Pat's advice is good also about the b series... my 2 cents
Old 10-22-2004, 11:33 PM   #4
mavaaoife

Thanks... like i said i kind of wanted to make the civic a "show car".. after my accident speed means nothing to me. If I sold the civic... as i said I would probably try and pick up a mkiv 97 Supra. No.. not because it was in that stupid movie.. or because its a toyota... ive always liked the looks of the supra and i mean damn those cars are so fucking sexy.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:45 PM   #5
MissJDM

<3 @ mkiv.

Or, you can save the money and get a mkii/mkiii with a 1jz.

Really though, I personally always thought it'd be "easiest" to purchase a new car. I've done 3 bseries tranny swaps [replacing] and I thought it was a pain in the ass as it was. Then again, I'm not as experienced as lots on here..so maybe it's not that big of a shit hole.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:50 PM   #6
mavaaoife

Im not so fond of the body style of the mkii/mkiii. Eh.. Anyone here know anything about showing? Give me some good tips on what I need for the civic if it were to stay a auto.. Would it even be worth showing an auto... I just kind of feel like if I sell the car im loosing out on money i spent on it...

Old 10-23-2004, 12:09 AM   #7
MissJDM

Find a theme. IE, my 4dr has the jdm db8 theme. Just keep it clean, girly..yet once again, clean. Maybe have Jer throw some goodies in. Get a clean kit, new set of interior seats, new wheels, dvd/screens [show stuff], perhaps even dual exhaust since you want show rather than go..

Old 10-23-2004, 12:10 AM   #8
MissJDM

oh, and i like mkii.mkiii..reminds me of older cars like the FC or the s13..and 1jz=<3

damn,

that makes 2jz = <3 x2.

Old 10-23-2004, 02:55 AM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

If your not happy with the auto and you don't want to drive it. I say sell the car and get an Si. Swap out the motor for a nice looking clean B16A. Nothing wrong with those motors imho. I think they are great. Then get on with some nice paint and a nice kit if you want. DO IT! Other then that...I think yes, it's worth showing an auto. It's not like your looking for speed in a show car anyway right?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 09:23 PM   #10
mavaaoife

Very true.. and lyna... I thought about jer helping me.. he was going to get me some coil overs for $70 from shipping from cali... and tanya drew up some beautiful graphics.. I wanna go with a BLOOD red candy paint job... but instead of the gold underlay i want chrome... I thought about completing the whole kenwood system ( with tvs n such) and cancelling the rockford order... I wanna go with the greddy airinx intake and greedy evo2 exhaust... I thought about since its a show car i would go with a buddy club 2 body kit.. since those are about the only good looking ones i like... The spoiler thought im so confused on.. Since it will be a show car i dont know where to begin on that topic...

Old 10-23-2004, 10:21 PM   #11
MissJDM

Have you talked to Jer lately? I haven't really seen him in weeks and just wanted to make sure he's fine and dandy. As for coilovers, remember you get what you pay for, are you saying the set he's found for you is $70? Tawnyuh draws? Dude, did not know that. Candy red, there's an older 68 Pontiac in town with New York Big Red and it's beautiful..for a red car . I'm not a fan of red btw. As for stereo talk, that's the topic I can't beat you on..i don't know much about it. I'm not fond on greddy evo cat back for slower cars though, I just think it sounds funky if there's not enough power. Buddy club is nice, have you though about mugen, street fighter, etc etc? Spoiler, that IS difficult, honestly, I think stay away from aluminum..get a spoiler and have it match your car..something showy yet simple and clean.

Old 10-23-2004, 11:22 PM   #12
mavaaoife

Showy.. yet simple and clean.. YEAH RIGHT... lol noo metal spoiler for me. Ive always loved red cars... so damn sleek and sessi.. I dont know if he found me a pair but he quoted me $70 for coil overs. I talked to him last week... hes doing ok.. busy with the shop... I dont know much about mugan...I just saw some of the buddy club kits and was highly impressed....

Old 10-23-2004, 11:32 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i would go with one of the wings west body kits. i like the wings west rs kit. looks soo dope

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 12:21 AM   #14
MissJDM

$70 for coilovers sound really..low.