::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2003, 09:21 AM   #1
ef9civic

my first race.

I raced a a C5 covette with I/H/E and upgraded ecu chip. We lined up on a country road because I wanted to get a feel as to how fast my new mr2 is. Well My friend said mark set go and we launched. I launched at 2500rpms and bogged big time but I caught back up to his rear bumper and then we were there for awhile and then he pulled away with about a 4 car length lead and held that until we stoped but he didn't pull any further. So I guess it wasn't terribly bad, after that race I went on another road and launched by myself at 4 grand and I spun just a second and launched really nice so I imagin if I would have done that I would of gotten him off the start and possibly kept it to a 2 or 3 car lead, but either way that car was defiently faster (for now)

just wanted to share.

0 and 1 for my mr2 :(
Old 11-20-2003, 10:34 AM   #2
Loki

Wow, not bad. You have anything done to the mr2?
Old 11-20-2003, 10:41 AM   #3
ef9civic

Quote:
Originally posted by Loki
Wow, not bad. You have anything done to the mr2?

just a jdm 3sgte swap is it for now.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #4
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Lol just a swap. Nice kill adam.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:11 PM   #5
Civickid0to60

0 and 1? no shit man u raced a C5, i would consider urself lucky for you keeping 4 cars on it, trust me that alone takes a fast car.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:03 PM   #6
ef9civic

Quote:
Originally posted by Civickid0to60
0 and 1? no shit man u raced a C5, i would consider urself lucky for you keeping 4 cars on it, trust me that alone takes a fast car.

thanks man I was suprised also and I had a shitty take off!! So i was VERY happy!!
Old 11-21-2003, 11:54 AM   #7
denzien

I'm not sure, but it sounds like he might have been playing with you

But I wasn't there to judge, so

MR2s are nice looking cars though
Old 11-22-2003, 01:13 AM   #8
ef9civic

Quote:
Originally posted by denzien
I'm not sure, but it sounds like he might have been playing with you

But I wasn't there to judge, so

MR2s are nice looking cars though

yup ok
Old 11-22-2003, 12:06 PM   #9
denzien

Hey, you don't have to agree with me, I was commenting on when you said:
"but I caught back up to his rear bumper and then we were there for awhile and then he pulled away with about a 4 car length lead"

How do you suppose he did that? Sounds like he downshifted and floored it.

I'm not saying your car is slow, especially considering it's 2k lbs running a turbo 2.0L that is pushing what....250hp? It sounds like you're doing it right, and I know it wasn't a serious race. It's also good to set your goals based on a faster car and not do what the morons around here do - get a stock import (used), slap on a funky sounding exhaust and aluminum wing and think it's really fast because they drive faster than traffic.

So keep it up.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:37 PM   #10
ef9civic

Quote:
Originally posted by denzien
Hey, you don't have to agree with me, I was commenting on when you said:
"but I caught back up to his rear bumper and then we were there for awhile and then he pulled away with about a 4 car length lead"

How do you suppose he did that? Sounds like he downshifted and floored it.

I'm not saying your car is slow, especially considering it's 2k lbs running a turbo 2.0L that is pushing what....250hp? It sounds like you're doing it right, and I know it wasn't a serious race. It's also good to set your goals based on a faster car and not do what the morons around here do - get a stock import (used), slap on a funky sounding exhaust and aluminum wing and think it's really fast because they drive faster than traffic.

So keep it up.

cool. I took it the wrong way sorry about that, but hey his car is automatic and if actually shifted into the next gear and pulled about 3 or 4 on me then I shifted and we stayed there. It was a serious race because he told me he gave it all it had so I was really happy to hear that. I have a dyno chart stating 225whp. Yea I like to set up races with badass cars because I wanna know where I am according to it. I just raced a stage 3 supercharged gtp last nite so check out that post as well bro. thanks for the comments
Old 11-23-2003, 12:59 AM   #11
4g63t
2nd Gear

Ive always wanted a mr2. Short story about a nice black one....lowered, rims, ground effects, dual gauges on the a-piller, i think they were boost and a/f, (even though egt is better), he also had a greddy tt and a greddy ebc. Black leather interior. It was clean. He was venting with his bov. Sounded tight, untill one day he got rear ended and his car was smashed in from the back to where the door start. Anyways sorry to interupt. Im always telling my dad that my import is gonna kill his c-5.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:12 PM   #12
blackdc2

nice kill story does anyone ever race on the street anymore?
Old 12-14-2003, 09:13 PM   #13
blackdc2

c5 corvettes are not that fast.
There are lots of cars that will outrunn that car
Old 12-14-2003, 11:51 PM   #14
4g63t
2nd Gear

And your car is fast?
Old 12-15-2003, 11:27 AM   #15
3000gtvr4spd

Hay EF9 what year is your mr2 is it the second Gen What version was the 3sgte. howmuch HP? i have a 88 and i am going to drop a 3sgte engine. what did the engine run oyu about and the swap.
and that guy that said the guy with the c5 was playing with you dont know shit about those engines just push a little more boost and upgrade ecu you will beat the C5 espicially iof oyu have a first gen. my fiend has one in a second gen and that crap was fast. but i have only seen one person with a 3sgte in a first gen and it ran a 13.4 stock.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:05 PM   #16
95mr2turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by 3000gtvr4spd
Hay EF9 what year is your mr2 is it the second Gen What version was the 3sgte. howmuch HP? i have a 88 and i am going to drop a 3sgte engine. what did the engine run oyu about and the swap.
and that guy that said the guy with the c5 was playing with you dont know shit about those engines just push a little more boost and upgrade ecu you will beat the C5 espicially iof oyu have a first gen. my fiend has one in a second gen and that crap was fast. but i have only seen one person with a 3sgte in a first gen and it ran a 13.4 stock.

hey bro I actually bought the car pre-swapped because I didn't want to dick with another motor swap (bad experience first one made me shy off them) plus the fact I didn't research this car or swap before I got it but yea it's super fast. I'm about to order some more stuff from my friend at styledright.com (his prices kick all ass plus free shipping) My car is a 95 and it was a second gen 93 jdm 3sgte swap. I don't think i'm running as fast as I should be right now because the o2 sensors aren't hooked up correctly. I'm going to take it to toyota dealership soon and pray to God they don't mess it up but we'll see. I'm not even worried about that c5 lol I had N/A exhaust (because the car is orgionally N/A) and I have the turbo at stock boost (6psi) So when I bump it up to 14 and get a nice exhaust I'm sure I'll beat the c5. Plus I am probably ordering greddy intercooler kit , greddy turbo kit upgrade kit and some gauges and controllers. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress of the car. I'll blow him away as soon as my parts arrive
Old 12-17-2003, 09:12 PM   #17
blackdc2

fast as you, what do you have done to your car? 4g63t? first gen, second?
The 1mz will also fit in the AW11. TRD also makes a supercharger for the 1MZ-FE. Putting out more horsepower than the 3S and a good bit more torque. Something to research. I have seen a couple with the 1MZ, but never the supercharger. That would be something else. And at 150 mph, 60 is really slow. the second gen gst hits the speed limiter at about 135 mph. do you want to talk about fast? I come out of fourth gear at 130.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:15 PM   #18
blackdc2

once you get your ho2s worked out and your boost cut problem remedied, you should see some serious results. Are you running the NA ecu?
Old 12-17-2003, 10:08 PM   #19
95mr2turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by blackdc2
fast as you, what do you have done to your car? 4g63t? first gen, second?
The 1mz will also fit in the AW11. TRD also makes a supercharger for the 1MZ-FE. Putting out more horsepower than the 3S and a good bit more torque. Something to research. I have seen a couple with the 1MZ, but never the supercharger. That would be something else. And at 150 mph, 60 is really slow. the second gen gst hits the speed limiter at about 135 mph. do you want to talk about fast? I come out of fourth gear at 130.

I'm pretty sure the 4g63t is a dsm motor. I have the jdm 3sgte turbo motor that puts out 225whp. My car was tuned with a greddy sp exhaust on 8psi of boost to put 225rwhp down. I am running the ecu that came with the turbo swap. Soon I will be getting some parts but not right yet. I just went to the docs and bad news so yea. My cars fast as hell as is with N/A exhaust and the stock boost. It's put up for the winter in storage for now until I gather up some money to mod it. When I'm done I want to put out some where around 400whp that'll be plenty for me.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:44 PM   #20
blackdc2

the 4g63 is a dsm motor. I was talking to the kid in the stock eclipse that threw a brick at me. I just have a short attention span sometimes. It doesnt sound like you are very far away from being done. Good luck. You should check out the sw20 in the new superstreet on the ultimate street car shootout. that thing is absolutely sick..
Old 12-21-2003, 06:56 PM   #21
95mr2turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by blackdc2
the 4g63 is a dsm motor. I was talking to the kid in the stock eclipse that threw a brick at me. I just have a short attention span sometimes. It doesnt sound like you are very far away from being done. Good luck. You should check out the sw20 in the new superstreet on the ultimate street car shootout. that thing is absolutely sick..

O I will thanks for making me aware that there was one I'll pick one up tonight!!