.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #41
AzCivic

yeah really, I have to drive a few times a year to the inlaws place which requires trekking through west texas, you're lucky to get one old school country station.

I love going through the few local stations i listen to, only to hear the same song on two of them and the rest on commercials, but hey its free.

xm(and maybe sirius) offer a 3day free trial on their website for their online listening thing so you can check it out for free.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:14 PM   #42
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

you cant sell something to someone who dosnt want it, mainly kids and young adults arnt gonna want satalite radio because of the monthly fee and with the out of control mp3 pirating they can get what they want, however with car companys incl;uding the receiver in the car, shelling that extra $12 a month, expectially for the types of cars some of them are coming in are 100% worth it. there are 3 music radio stations here locally i listen to, and one talk radio. thats 4 channels i get for free most the time when the signal dosnt suck, and i dont commute. if i had to drive a hr every day and listen to those same 3 crappy channels i'd buy one for sure. my uncle has one in his infinity and its amazing. i could always find something on i wanted to hear, they had good comedy stations of just stand up comedians, then for those nfl/nba fans who get blacked out or are out of the market for a certain game the satalite radio is a godsend.

if you dont want one, your not gonna see any point in buying one. however if you do, then its an amazing piece of equipment that will revolutionize that industry. i dont know how i would go about buying the stock now as i havnt researched it in quite some time, but i convinced my mom back in 01 or 02 to buy some and she made a nice penny off it.

for the market, right now in my life im just buying things i can sit on for a few years. i dont have the time to check it daily and make trades. ive been making 12-14% a year for the past 3 years on all my stocks. i know how much higher it could be day trading... shit one of my freinds turned $2000 into $26,000 in 5 months.. lucky? very... but it can be done. me on the other hand i make a nice $1000 more in my portfolio every year just letting it sit there. if i was going to invest in anything now i'd be looking into oil for a semi-short term.. maybe 6 months to a year or when it spikes the most/fastest, then decide from that. probobly a local(inside usa) company since with the recent iran issues going on, and the past trends from the desert storm, operation freedom fighter incorperated(W's war), and the hurricanes gas prices are just on the edge from spiralling out of control again and probobly more. look at every other country and their prices... much more than ours. how long can we keep it this low and how long will the gov subsidise it for us? as soon as one piece falls your stock *should* make enough to put a smile on your face.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote