::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2004, 05:24 PM   #1
charlesw6954

hi, question on modding an 88 accord

my friend has an 88 accord and wants to put some money into it. i dont know anything about hondas so i am asking you guys. is their a site that sells performance parts for hondas of this year? oh yea his engine says 12 valve efi. is it a 2.0?
Old 01-18-2004, 09:58 PM   #2
Honda530

Well teh problem that he is going to find is that they dont make hardly anything for this motor. The only things that could do are get rid of the whole intake system. Its a big mess under the hood and the intake goes from the fender to the back of the intake manifold and then to the throttle body. Just eliminating all of that piping and then getting some aluminum pipe and a cone filter are going to make a difference. Besides that a full catback exhaust like 2 1/4 inch is going to help. Besides that the only thing that could be done is some head work. Port the intake manifold port the head even port the header because I dont think they made aftermarket ones for his motor. Which is an a20 I believe. Get a valve job and if your crazy get the head shaved a little and run higher compression(ONLY if the piston rings are in good shape) Getting the injectors blueprinted and cleaned would be a good idea as well. You could also take the camshaft and have it rergound, which will not make it as strong but could imporve performance. Only other thing it too add some nitrous but I dont recommend it. unless the motor gets rebuilt