Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2004, 03:20 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen

So I'm taking off of school for a week to hang with my brother cuz his wife just left him. I went out tonight to get some food and there were a bunch of min truck guys hanging out in the Mcy D's parking lot. Not being one for mini trucks, I kinda laughed it off...until I saw a Syclone. I've always loved those things...a turbo'ed V6 truck with AWD. It's a thing of beauty. I talked to the owner and asked him about his mods...bigger turbo, fuel system, ported heads, transmission & suspension mods, etc. So I ask if he wants to line up...not for money or bragging right...just for shits and giggles. So we lined up at a light and then it happened. I launched hard becuase the turbo is now off of the car until I can buy a new one and I figured I wouldn't need to worry about a wheelstand. But here's the thing...this guy launched hard too and DID pull the wheels about 1 1/2"-2" off the ground. I've NEVER seen that from a Syclone/Typhoon (and I used to have a friend with a Typhoon so I've been to quite a few Typhoon/Syclone drag meets). We pulled back and forth on each other until about 100mph and we were about dead even so we shut it down. Once we got back to the parking lot I just had to shake this guys hand. Even with a 1000lb advantage I still couldn't pull on him. I'm just sad I couldn't have taken him on with the turbo still on the car.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:48 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

nice race. are those thjings based on the blazer/jimmy platform ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:12 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...The Typhoons are basically just 2dr Blazers and the Syclones (which are rarer) are Sonoma bodies.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 02-19-2004, 12:03 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

when i had my blazer that was my one goal... get a syclone engine... too bad i flipped the damn thing

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 12:17 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Lol. Yeah...that's my dream for the Slownoma...but good fvcking luck. Those things might as well me made of gold for as much as people want for them. Sad thing is even though there's a factory turbo 4.3L motor, there's no turbo kits available for them in the aftermarket for under $5K (and I've only seen one period).

Old 02-19-2004, 01:13 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah i was looking into either a SC or a turbo kit for my 4.3.... and if that didnt work... my friend had a old z28 we were gonna try to yank the motor out of.... but never had the time

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 02:22 PM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Powerdyne makes a blower kit for it...it's pretty worthless considering the price. Puts power up around 220 at the wheels at about 6psi. I wouldn't even fvck with a V8 swap...one look at that engine bay and it's almost too small for a 6 shooter.