::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2002, 12:30 PM   #1
msvtec14

Dodge Neon???

I just got a Dodge Neon yesterday for a new winter car. Has anyone had one? Does anyone know how there are in the snow? Good on gas mileage? How they handle in general? Problems with the cars?
Old 12-12-2002, 01:07 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

my room mate from last year's sister used to have one and he only talked shit about it. but I also know a guy that owns one now and really likes it. He even drives it in Michigans Upper Penn. and they get more snow than anywhere in the US
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 01:12 PM   #3
ohiochica

dodge.......hmmmmm.......i loved my stratus but my bf hated it since he had to rebuild the engine. (head gasket)

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 01:27 PM   #4
msvtec14

One of my friends has one and the head gasket just went on it so naturally, all she does is trash her car. So I was looking for some unbiased opinions. A head gasket can go on any car though, you know? So that doesn't really concern me. Unless all these people start telling me that their head gaskets blew on their Neons.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:34 PM   #5
ohiochica

dodge's are known to have head gaskets go on them. teh motor in my stratus was a pain to get too, but besides that i loved that car! it was awesome in teh snow, it got ok gas milage but then again i went form a quad 4 to a v6. big difference! but also remember i am talking stratus not a neon. neons look nice and thats all i know about them.

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 01:40 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmmm think about it as a crappy built civic.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 01:47 PM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I know a few people that have had them (the first Gen body style) They arent to most reliable cars in the world, but they arent to bad while they run.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:50 PM   #8
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
hmmm think about it as a crappy built civic.

LOL, that was funny. You know how there are some people out there that do REALLY stupid things to Neons? Like put Type R stickers on them and stuff. I should do that. And get some of those "chrome" hubcaps from Wal Mart.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:02 PM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
LOL, that was funny. You know how there are some people out there that do REALLY stupid things to Neons? Like put Type R stickers on them and stuff. I should do that. And get some of those "chrome" hubcaps from Wal Mart.

That would be really

hehe..
Old 12-12-2002, 02:09 PM   #10
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
That would be really

hehe..

HAAAAAAAAAAAA...Someone gave me an aluminum spoiler not too long ago and it's just sittin around. I should mount that on there and get one of those cheesy muffler tip things that just make the car sound like it's got balls. And put Nascar stickers on it. And get some of those graphics that they put on all the cars in The Fast and the Furious.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:39 PM   #11
mt.biker

get rid of that car while it still drives... never i repeat never by a dodge car or truck. You are asking for soooo much trouble!

Sell the dam thing and by yourself a 92-94 civic, you will be sooo much happier.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:02 PM   #12
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
get rid of that car while it still drives... never i repeat never by a dodge car or truck. You are asking for soooo much trouble!

Sell the dam thing and by yourself a 92-94 civic, you will be sooo much happier.

It's just for the winter though. I can't get a civic that cheap.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:43 PM   #13
firstgeardude

Quote:
HAAAAAAAAAAAA...Someone gave me an aluminum spoiler not too long ago and it's just sittin around. I should mount that on there and get one of those cheesy muffler tip things that just make the car sound like it's got balls. And put Nascar stickers on it. And get some of those graphics that they put on all the cars in The Fast and the Furious.

yes

make sure to get a type R or R/T sticker

also get a body kit and altezzas
Old 12-12-2002, 03:53 PM   #14
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by firstgeardude
yes

make sure to get a type R or R/T sticker

also get a body kit and altezzas

Noooooooooo. No more body kits. I can't drive my Accord really at all in the winter with how much I dropped it and the kit. It's slammed. I can't even get my foot all the way under it. It get's stuck about half way. Stickers, yes. Anything inexpensive, yes.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:11 PM   #15
blind34_1

make a cardboard body kit. stylish...

make some e-tape eyebrows for it.

and definatly the walmart wheel covers!

A big banner in the back window that says: NEON POWER (and in small letters below: Or lack thereof)
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 06:18 PM   #16
firstgeardude

Quote:
Noooooooooo. No more body kits. I can't drive my Accord really at all in the winter with how much I dropped it and the kit. It's slammed. I can't even get my foot all the way under it. It get's stuck about half way. Stickers, yes. Anything inexpensive, yes.

thats pretty low... do you scrape the road often?

for the neon, what you could do is put a double racing stripe on the centre of the hood, roof and trunk,
Old 12-12-2002, 06:23 PM   #17
msvtec14

That shit would be HOT. I might just have to sell my Accord if it's gonna be that way. LMAO "cardboard body kit". I could duct tape it on there. And then when it rains just laugh when it disolves and falls off. If I got the Wal Mart wheel covers then I would just have to put WAL MART RACING on the side. I'm going to take an old cardboard box and fashion it into a front mount intercooler with some straws.And somehow make an intake out of a paper towel tube and make the air filter out of one of those puffy shower sponge things.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:29 PM   #18
msvtec14

Quote:
thats pretty low... do you scrape the road often?

for the neon, what you could do is put a double racing stripe on the centre of the hood, roof and trunk,

Sorry about that, I did not see your question. Yes, with my Accord I scrape BIG TIME. At my sideskirts the car is just almost 2 inches off the ground and at my front bumper, it is 2 and 1/2 inches. I initially dropped it with the Gold Line springs and then with the kit it just got soooooooo much lower. Obviously not in the wheel wells but you know what I mean. There is some carbon fiber plating that I can put under it and I have all intentions of doing so. To get the hydraulic lift under the car, the lift has to be unplugged and slid under the rear bumper which is no problem. If I'm not 100 % careful, I scrape without a doubt. Speedbumps are out of the question. I've thought about raising it back up a little but I love it the way it is. I'm very careful.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:02 PM   #19
Quevv

Originally posted by blind34_1

Actually that's what my friend and I did to his old nissan stanza before he bought his new Corolla. We had a full kit on it, Deer antleers(sp?) on the front, we used a Big ass coffee can as the muffler, and used a snow shovel as the wing. We had it on Cardomain but for some reason they deleted it. It actually withstood rain, snow, and speeds of 80 mph. All I got to say is i'm glad we didn't get shot cruisen down the strip with it.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:19 PM   #20
juvenile

OH...oh girl if you rice up that car. PLEASE...I meanPLEASE take pictures
Quote:
Originally posted by Quevv
Originally posted by blind34_1

Actually that's what my friend and I did to his old nissan stanza before he bought his new Corolla. We had a full kit on it, Deer antleers(sp?) on the front, we used a Big ass coffee can as the muffler, and used a snow shovel as the wing. We had it on Cardomain but for some reason they deleted it. It actually withstood rain, snow, and speeds of 80 mph. All I got to say is i'm glad we didn't get shot cruisen down the strip with it.

HAHAHAHAHa... I think it's becuase people were way too busy laughing their asses off.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:07 PM   #21
firstgeardude

Quote:
Sorry about that, I did not see your question. Yes, with my Accord I scrape BIG TIME. At my sideskirts the car is just almost 2 inches off the ground and at my front bumper, it is 2 and 1/2 inches. I initially dropped it with the Gold Line springs and then with the kit it just got soooooooo much lower. Obviously not in the wheel wells but you know what I mean. There is some carbon fiber plating that I can put under it and I have all intentions of doing so. To get the hydraulic lift under the car, the lift has to be unplugged and slid under the rear bumper which is no problem. If I'm not 100 % careful, I scrape without a doubt. Speedbumps are out of the question. I've thought about raising it back up a little but I love it the way it is. I'm very careful.

that sounds preety sweet... do you have a picture of your car?
Old 12-14-2002, 02:53 PM   #22
msvtec14

Yeah, I have a lot of pics of my car. I've documented my car since I got it. Everytime I did something new, I took pics. I just have one issue. I don't have them in my computer. I'm going to take some soon with a dig camera but I'm really not good with all this computer stuff and getting them on here. Anyone remember when I had to have someone else post my pic? That is amazing about the Corolla. I would love to see that. So, the Neon looks like an Easter Egg. It's not blue but it's not purple. It's just weird. I have all my emblems for my Accord and those are going to go on there today along with some Goldline and Enkei stickers providing that I can locate them.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:24 PM   #23
firstgeardude

oh ok

Quote:
So, the Neon looks like an Easter Egg. It's not blue but it's not purple. It's just weird. I have all my emblems for my Accord and those are going to go on there today along with some Goldline and Enkei stickers providing that I can locate them.

so you are going to put honda emblums on the accord or the neon??
Old 12-15-2002, 07:31 PM   #24
msvtec14

Quote:
oh ok

so you are going to put honda emblums on the accord or the neon??

On the Neon. I think that it would be funny. You know that people are gonna be like, "What the hell is this girl thinkin?!" The rain that we've had for the past few days actually cleared up a lot of the sand so I got to take my Accord out today for the first time in almost 3 weeks but I had to put it away again because my dad said it's supposed to snow again. How could I attach the emblems to the Neon? I found my Goldline stickers too. But I don't have the pimpin Wal Mart hubcaps yet. When I buy new rims for my Accord, I should throw my Enkeis on the Neon.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:20 PM   #25
firstgeardude

sweet

so the pimpin hub caps are gonna have the chrome look im guessin?
Old 12-16-2002, 08:08 AM   #26
msvtec14

Quote:
sweet

so the pimpin hub caps are gonna have the chrome look im guessin?

OH YEAH!!! I want to go for the gaudiest ones possible. The car does not even have hubcaps on it right now. I know that I've been busting on it but it really is a good little car just to have as a crasher. It's really good on gas and it handles pretty well too. I really wish that I could somehow show you guys the color because that alone would just make it so much more funnier if it were all riced out. I'm going to start taking pics of my Accord and I'm going to also put the Neon all up next to my Accord in various poses like it's all badass.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:57 AM   #27
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

LMAO this thread is funny.

and one more thing when you get the hubcaps get them 1 or 2" bigger than the rim size, just for that low profile look

Old 12-16-2002, 12:16 PM   #28
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
LMAO this thread is funny.

and one more thing when you get the hubcaps get them 1 or 2" bigger than the rim size, just for that low profile look

PROPS to you for that suggestion. Seriously, the rims on the car look like 8's or something. They're mad little. They're like the riding lawnmower tires. Ok, but do you think the size difference would make it harder to get them on there properly? You know that I'll just force them on there. And then they'll crack right near where the lugs would be ('m assuming that's how they go on) and they'll fly off on the highway or something. YES. Those would go great with the cardboard body kit that dissolves in the rain. The type R Neon.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:19 PM   #29
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
the size difference would make it harder to get them on there properly? You know that I'll just force them on there. And then they'll crack right near where the lugs would be ('m assuming that's how they go on) and they'll fly off on the highway or something. YES. Those would go great with the cardboard body kit that dissolves in the rain. The type R Neon.

one word for you missy: zip strips

Old 12-16-2002, 12:20 PM   #30
firstgeardude

lmao... type R neon

what year is your neon, and whats the mileage?
Old 12-16-2002, 12:51 PM   #31
msvtec14

The Neon is a 95 and it has about 122,000 miles on it. I really want hondastyle stickers. But for my Honda. Not just the Neon. I've already found a shitload of Type R emblems on e-bay and they're only around $10. Ok, check this out though. The type R Neon is 2 different colors. I've described the weird purple blue color that makes up the body. The bumpers are this weird gray. And it's not primer. I should really just make the car all primered.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:29 PM   #32
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Okay, I wish I had a picture of this car but I dont so you will have to take my word for it.

There use to be a Neon that ran around here that was that purple color. Well we think it was purple anyhow. The thing had so much white vinyl on it we arent sure it wasnt white with purple vinyl. But anyhow, he had a huge wood wing spray painted white. Had so many sticker on it, it was plain obnoctious, they were even on his lights. He said he had a supercharger, turbo and NOS on it.. His NOS was a helium tank with a garden hose ran to it. He had chrome hubcaps that he later painted white.

He actually beat my friend's nice Eclipse GSX at a car show!!!

Anyway.. That was "sweetest" Neon I have ever seen!
Old 12-16-2002, 01:40 PM   #33
msvtec14

Well, I just hope this guy doesn't come around here and try to compete with my Type R Neon. Ok wait, was this guy serious about all of this or was it a joke? Because you're saying that this guy said that he had all this stuff and there are weirdos around that are liars like that, ya know?
Old 12-16-2002, 01:44 PM   #34
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Well, I just hope this guy doesn't come around here and try to compete with my Type R Neon. Ok wait, was this guy serious about all of this or was it a joke? Because you're saying that this guy said that he had all this stuff and there are weirdos around that are liars like that, ya know?

No, I think this guy was dead serious.. I think he lied so much he actually started to believe it.. He would actually tell people at car shows that he had all this stuff done.

He had one of those mod board that you setup next to your car with a list of mods.. He said he ran 11.90s (or something like that) @ 134 mph! This dude was a Fu^kin moron..:o
Old 12-16-2002, 01:48 PM   #35
msvtec14

Quote:
No, I think this guy was dead serious.. I think he lied so much he actually started to believe it.. He would actually tell people at car shows that he had all this stuff done.

He had one of those mod board that you setup next to your car with a list of mods.. He said he ran 11.90s (or something like that) @ 134 mph! This dude was a Fu^kin moron..:o

ha ha ha. Yo, he was probably SCHIZOPHRENIC. That's so funny. How are you going to go to a car show, where people are very knowledgable about cars and say that all these mods are done? When you can just see that they're not...? Did this guy have a mullet too? Do you have any pics of this DREAM NEON that you speak of? This guy is my hero.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:54 PM   #36
msvtec14

Crap. You don't have pics...
Old 12-16-2002, 02:09 PM   #37
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Crap. You don't have pics...

Nope, but I wish I did.. My camera has a stupid filter on it.. It probably wouldnt have even picked the car up anyhow..

Anyway, I dont know what was wrong with this guy.. I havent seen the car lately.. Maybe he got smart and figured he wasnt fooling any one any more. I dont know. Maybe a deer decided he would do this guy a favor and put the car out of its misery.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:23 PM   #38
msvtec14

Quote:
Nope, but I wish I did.. My camera has a stupid filter on it.. It probably wouldnt have even picked the car up anyhow..

Anyway, I dont know what was wrong with this guy.. I havent seen the car lately.. Maybe he got smart and figured he wasnt fooling any one any more. I dont know. Maybe a deer decided he would do this guy a favor and put the car out of its misery.

I hit a deer last year. I took my boyfriend at the time out to eat. We were driving and this deer just busted out into the road. And then his friend followed. But, I didn't hit it head it head on. It just ran into the side of my Accord when I was doing like 50mph. And I stopped and it was still alive. A shitload of cops came, blocked off the road and shot it in the head because I didn't kill the poor thing. It was the worst thing ever.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:30 PM   #39
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

The cops just wanted to shoot something.. You must live in the middle of nowhere like I do.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:35 PM   #40
msvtec14

Quote:
The cops just wanted to shoot something.. You must live in the middle of nowhere like I do.

LOL to that they just wanted to shoot something. Want to hear something else weird? This big, sasquatch looking man had seen the whole thing and he came up to us and asked us if we wanted the deer. Obviously, I was all traumatized enough and said no. And this dude straight up slung the deer up over his should and put it in the back of his mini-van. WTF was that? Yup! Middle of nowhere.