::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2002, 09:14 PM   #1
heartbreakkid

change the carpet

i'm planning on changing the carpet for my car, and I dont really know how to take out the old carpet and insert in the new one. It's difficult to do it. I wanted to change my carpet to blue instead of the grey color that in there now. How bout on the side of the door? How do I take the carpet on the door out?
Old 04-08-2002, 12:28 AM   #2
ZeroAccess

This is a VERY easy mod

Just remove your seats (4 10mm (I think) bolts)
Pop the sidepanels where the door is off
Take the Center Console Off (will be about...4-5 screws I can't remember)
Remove Back Seat

and then just go rippin away lol

then you can go to a carpet place and get enough carpet to cover ur car (measure it out and go like 3-4 ft out in each direction more than what you need) if not more...carpets cheap you don't wanna end up having to little u can always cut more off

--The Black tar underneath the carpet weighs a lot (well I mean to ur racer people it does) you can remove this but what it'll do is make the car a lot louder to road noise

lay the new carpet down and have a little marker or some sort (thumbtacks) mark where u need to drill to install everything back

you can use a bonding glue I don't really know any brands..maybe someone else can help you on that... to make sure the carpet doesn't "bunch up" around certain frequently used areas

Put everything back in (using markers so you don't have to think where screws go) use a razor to make little slits where the screws can go through

then you should be done....