::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
Importality

I Want a new system..but what 2 get??

I currently have two 12inch Rockford HE2's and a 600 watt kenwood amp. I'm looking to sell this and upgrade but I have no idea what I want to get. I want better punch and for it to be loud but clean. I have about $500-$600 to put towards this but I don't know where to start. If anyone has any ideas or knows of any good websites I could look at I would greatly appreciate it.

PS...I also want to conserve some trunk space and try to make the whole system look clean....Thanx
Old 06-14-2002, 07:47 PM   #2
Maxvla

well it all depends on how much you can sell your current setup so we know how much you have.

the best thing for you would be to get subs designed for very small enclosures. those also happen to be the best sounding and also unfortunately the more expensive and require more power to get the same volume as your fosgates.

take a look at this site.. they have good prices somewhat varied selection: http://caraudiozone.woofersetc.com
Old 06-15-2002, 12:33 PM   #3
Importality

Okay...But what do you mean by smaller sub enclosure? Just to make the housing for the subs smaller so that i have more trunk space? Also..is it hard or ever worth it to flush like an amp or power cap or even sub into your trunk??

Thank you for the link..I'll make sure to check it out. I'll only have around at the most $600 to put towards this whole set up.
Old 06-15-2002, 06:03 PM   #4
Maxvla

small enlosures save space like you wanted... and also make the best sound, tight, deep, and punchy like you wanted. flush mounting the amp and cap might look good but you need to make sure they (amp) have enough cooling. you can cut off alot of air by flush mounting... so do it carefully.

for 600 bucks total your not going to get much better than what you currently have. unless you find some more money i'd think about just swapping subs only.
Old 06-16-2002, 01:58 PM   #5
Importality

okay...maybe i will just mount them where they will look good and not take up to much space...yeah my box right now takes up most of my trunk...So if i just make that smaller and change my subs i should have a better sound?...Do you have any recomendations on what kind of subs would sound good with the Kenwood 600 watt amp?...Thanks for all ya help so far...I can't wait to get all this stuff fixed out.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:38 PM   #6
black95gs-t

maybe a single 12. something like a jl 12 w3 d2. that should sound pretty decent in a sealed box and won't take up too much room.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote