.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2002, 01:55 PM   #1
Platinum_Civic

I don't understand this..

My best friend boyfriend is one of those @ssholes that likes to make people aware on how he feels about imports. Every time I we all hang out he always gives me shit for owning and hooking up my car. In his eyes its a crime to own an import, yet his first two cars were imports. He's one of those "I think I'm a bad ass because I drive a Mustang with Flo Masters" type. We were all chilling yesterday at the track watching my best friends boyfriend run his car. After he ran his car a few times down the track, he ended up with a time in the mid 13s. Right before the track closed for the night, these two cars lined up for one of the final races. It was a really hooked up Prelude and an Eclipse. The tree went down and they took off.The Prelude ran a sweet 12.7 and the Eclipse ran a low 13 something. These two imports beat my best friend boyfriends time and about 50% of his fellow "American cars rule" car club buddies, and yet they were still talkin' shit about how import cars suck and they are slow - blah, blah. I just don't understand why it is hard for so many people to give imports some respect at the tracks.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:26 PM   #2
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Its life. Some people will never understand that it doesn't matter what kind of car you drive.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 05:00 PM   #3
Platinum_Civic

I know, I know. I've been going to the tracks and shows for the last two years now. I've been hearing the imports suck talk for a long time and I it never really got to me until yesterday when my friends boyfriend had a nerve to say that stuff even after those to cars raped his time on the track. I personally don't see imports and domestics as separates (if you know what I mean) I see them both as the same and give my props to all. It's a shame there are people out there like my friend's dumbass boyfriend that feel no matter what you do to an import it's - IN HIS WORDS - dumb.
Old 06-22-2002, 10:38 PM   #4
xhondagirl

dont stress it.. u will run into people like this all over the place..i know its hard because he is your best friends boyfriends friend..maybe if it bothers u that much u should ask your friend to ask him to not mention this infront of u , cause it onviously bothers u
Old 06-23-2002, 10:21 AM   #5
90civiclxryder

people who a rustang, and hate on imports, so that cause the 4 bangers are running just as fast as them
Old 06-23-2002, 10:33 AM   #6
Platinum_Civic

That's the only thing I can think of... I agree with you.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:50 PM   #7
DsBlu01CivEX

most of the people around my area are pretty cool...as long as they don't think your car looks "ricey". They'll typically give props to whoever wins no matter what they're sportin.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 08:46 AM   #8
mt.biker

sounds like this friend of yours bf is trying to make up for a small penis complex! LMAO
Old 06-24-2002, 03:05 PM   #9
Platinum_Civic

Haha! Could be very true!!!!!
Old 06-25-2002, 08:20 AM   #10
cutiepy701

I use to kinda be like that, but not bad. I just told myself that I'd never go foreign....(owned chevy cavilier, chevy blazer, Pontiac grand am)

Well here I am and I've never been happier with my car (stiffler) lol
But it really doesn't matter what kind of car you drive.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:24 AM   #11
juvenile

ummm...I would disagree.
Them Geo Metro's, and other cylinder beasts shouldn't be on the road. They ****in struggle going up hills.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:07 AM   #12
toykilla

I have an Eclipse gs (non-turbo) that will spank him if he needs a little lesson. Let's just say, ive made all my Mustang friends respect my car. The people that are so into their type car (mainly mustang, gst/gsx and any twin turbo owner) arent really into cars. I own an eclipse. I will never buy a honda/acura to be my daily driver but that doesnt mean honda's/acura's are big piece of shits and the owner is a complete moron for buying one. Im into imports. That doesnt mean im not going to Petersburg this friday for fast ford weekend with all my ford buddies.

IM INTO CARS!!!!!! Anyone like this guy and his friends IS NOT INTO CARS. They are into Mustangs/Fast Fords. Where ya at? I'll come down and give him an ass whipping. $500 to race and I will give him 2 car length headstart. Let me know.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:08 AM   #13
toykilla

LOL, just saw that your in Maryland...AWESOME!!
Old 06-28-2002, 12:51 AM   #14
Violent Apathy

Moo.

yeah i used to be part of the domestics rule imports suck crowd, but i've long since converted
Right now i'm looking for a car, narrowed it down to either a 1991 240SX or a 1989 Toyota Supra (235 hp 245 lbs torque *drool*). Think i'm gonna go with the supra

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 10:11 AM   #15
Platinum_Civic

If your looking for a Supra, my boyfriend is selling his '94 Black TT and getting an '98. He's selling it with all his little goodies in it... even his 19's chrome rims..
Old 06-28-2002, 10:12 AM   #16
Platinum_Civic

Oh, or go to www.Mkiv.com <~~~~ A lot of Supras for sale there. ;-)