::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2003, 10:15 PM   #1
JamieS697

Strobe headlights whats invovled??

What is invovled in making your headlights strobe any easy way??
Old 01-14-2003, 10:41 PM   #2
a96710

I found some strobe light kits on Ebay where it's two small lights and a switch....pretty cheap $10 or so
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 08:13 AM   #3
02CiviC

you get what you pay for. if you want a minor strobe that can barely be seen you can find those strobe kits at, pep boys.
now you may not want to dish out the 280 bucks for the emergency vehicle strobe lights, but they are much brighter. i got mine from sound off inc.( http://www.soundoffinc.com/ ). they light up my whole street. and you can choose the pattern in which they flash

but to answer your question some drilling is required. i had to drill a hole in my headlights to get the bulb in. in the back i just took out my reverse bulb and put the strobe bulb in there. the wiring is quite easy. one line to the battery, which goes to a switch so that you can turn them on and off. and then a ground wire. i recomend that you also get a fuse.
Old 01-15-2003, 03:21 PM   #4
JamieS697

and your reverse lights still work??
Old 01-15-2003, 05:05 PM   #5
02CiviC

they work, just not in the sense that they let people know im backing up. theyre just kinda hanging there behind the carpet in the trunk
thats why i always reverse into a parking spot now so i dont have to worry about people not seeing me back out of a parking space
who needs em anyway :o
Old 01-15-2003, 06:09 PM   #6
JamieS697

do u have any leak probs with ur headlights now that u drilled them?? sorry about all the questions but im tryin to avoid problems.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:13 PM   #7
02CiviC

i dont mind the questions.
i havent seen any problems with leaking. ive washed my car more then once since ive had them, and i was looking for an leaking, as that was a concern of mine as well. the kit came with this rubber piece that surrounds the headlight, and i didnt think that was enough but so far its done its job well. i might put some slicon or something around it though just in case, cant be too careful.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:43 PM   #8
JamieS697

yea i bought some cheap strobes from autozone . I took out my reverse lights like u did just for the effect tonite but tommorow im takin of my altezzas and putting on my stock and drilling some extra holes at work. Thanks for the help if i ever get my dig. camera to work i will post picks
Old 01-16-2003, 12:48 AM   #9
SofaKingSmooth

it is all about the relays...... just get the kit if you are interested
Old 01-16-2003, 01:23 PM   #10
JamieS697

kit??