User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2003, 11:44 AM   #1
gerhard
Parked

Torque Converter Modification from Import Tuner mag

Ok,

Many of you out there know that the most efficiency can be gained out of an automatic transmission by improving certain characteristics of the torque converter.

That being said I need some help from some of the import tuning magazine readers out there:

Some of you might remember that both I and my father-in-law have 5th Gen Preludes.

While up in Boston over the holidays I was reading his (I think) Import Tuner mag and there was a article about a company in CA that reworks import T/C's. Their operation looked VERY impressive.

I'm wondering if anyone here can remember the article and tell me the company? I'd like to contact them about their work and modifications for the 5th Gen SS Auto T/C.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Gerhard
gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 12:32 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmm there is another one closer to u in either PA or NJ www.levelten.com

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:29 PM   #3
gerhard
Parked

Level 10 uses a company called ProTorque in LI, NY. While ProTorque is supposed to be a great company, Level 10 does absolutely horrible work on the 5th Gen SS Auto Trans.

I'm trying to find this company in CA because they do a few extra things that ProTorque does not appear to do...

-Gerhard
gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 03:05 AM   #4
78 monte

There is a guy in Herkimer NY who modifies Torque converters.All he does is basically cut fines out of the converter making it a higher stall converter.Guess he does good work from what I here.He cuts them open,removes a certain amount of finns then rewelds them and balances them.Google search maybe he has a site.Don't know if he does Import converters but pretty much a torque converter is a toque converter I would think.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:47 AM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by gerhard
Level 10 uses a company called ProTorque in LI, NY. While ProTorque is supposed to be a great company, Level 10 does absolutely horrible work on the 5th Gen SS Auto Trans.

I'm trying to find this company in CA because they do a few extra things that ProTorque does not appear to do...

-Gerhard

the problem is, honestly the 5th gen auto tranny kinda sucks. its got more problems than it should. personaly, i'd look into swapping to a 5 spd over building the auto. it would probobly be much cheaper in the long run

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote