::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2003, 05:03 PM   #1
HondaPerson

Woo! great news about my swap

I have a 4th gen Si and recently saved up money and ordered an h22a1, actually i ordered it like a month ago but the motor the place (hmotorsonline.com) was gonna send me failed the leak down test. Good things come to those who wait right? YEP! Today the guy called, apologized for the wait and thanked me for being so patient, sooooo he told me he wanted to send me something he got ahold of thats pretty rare/special. So of course i'm all like "what is it?!" Instead of an h22a1 he offered me a jdm h23 vtec from an accord! rated at like 166lb ft of torque and like 210hp! The motor only has 45,000 miles on it, compression test ran 250 across all four cylinders, they dropped the oil pan and checked the crank which was also in perfect condition. He said it was the first one to ever come through his store. He said because i was good enough to wait patiently (normally they have orders filled and motor shipped in like 3 days) that he would give it to me for no extra charge!!!

Woo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:52 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sounds good man. do u get the tranny with it ? if i am not mistaken the h23 vtec has an awd tranny

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:56 PM   #3
HondaPerson

The accord it came out of was an automatic, which works out alright cause so am I (yea yea, hate on me, lol) I didn't really wonna spend the money to do the complete swap. I'm only payin a honda tech $500 to do the swap as is. Comes with ecu to. The tranny has LSD, but i'm not sure what difference thats gonna make on an automatic, anyone have a clue? It should be here in like 10 days and while i'm vacationing in myrtle beach SC the swap is getting done and should be done when i get back!