Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2002, 10:48 AM   #1
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Florida...Crackin Down on DragRacing

A couple of days ago...2 men were arrested for felony vehicular homicide. Back in September, They were racing in broad-day light on a busy street when one driver lost control and collided with the other car. A passenger was killed...It took FHP (Florida highway Patrol) 2 months to make any arrests.

Yesterday, I was among ricers at a local Steak & Shake (a great place for steak burgers) when 2 FHP's pulled up. They drove around the restaurant 3-4 times before one of them stopped and asked what we where doing. We told him we were waiting for a friend to arrive so we can go inside to eat. They drove off. We ate and left...Not even a 1/2 mile from the S&S, My radar went crazy. The same FHP pulled my friend over, and so did his FHP buddy. We were not racing...even though it might have looked as if we were. There were like 6 ricers one after another pulled over waiting for the other 2 recieving citations. FHP appraoched us and gave 3 of us citations for "Participating/Observing Illegal DragRacing" I tried to argue..."We were not drag racing" He replied, "Well, yoou guys probably were going to...Consider this an advance." Hell, We are all Planning to fight this one..I mean pickit signs and all.

FCK FHP!!!
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 12:52 PM   #2
mt.biker

Though I typically dont like cops remember they're just doing a job.

that said fight this, its not the officers fault he had to give you a ticket its the law. I'm sure you can do it without a laywer so just waste the courts time and get your ticket dropped. I know i have to go fight a "careless driving" charge for my acciedent that wasn't careless.
Old 11-23-2002, 01:34 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
Though I typically dont like cops remember they're just doing a job.

Yeah, but their job isn't to give tickets for something that might happen in the future. Good luck fighting this one!

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 01:40 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Yeah, but their job isn't to give tickets for something that might happen in the future. Good luck fighting this one!

true dat.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 03:56 PM   #5
AJ1978TA

That's such a load of shit. Once upon a time, cops never cared about these things. They would just tell you to go home and don't be stupid, not impound your car and take you license today. Laws have become too strict in all areas, nevermind motor vehicles. We need to hang lawmakers up by their balls, as well as the lobbyists and their shitass agendas.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:16 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by AJ1978TA
That's such a load of shit. Once upon a time, cops never cared about these things. They would just tell you to go home and don't be stupid, not impound your car and take you license today. Laws have become too strict in all areas, nevermind motor vehicles. We need to hang lawmakers up by their balls, as well as the lobbyists and their shitass agendas.

sing it brotha! for real though.. laws today suck. ive seen alot change in the past 6 years thats effected me.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 04:21 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AJ1978TA

So true. The government wants more and more control over our everyday lives and they are doing so by enforcing strict laws, etc. Its a load of crap if you ask me.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 08:53 PM   #8
SofaKingSmooth

It is all a matter of mood on what the cop is going to do and remember it is your word aginst his..... it can be fought but never the less be smart cuz they can do what the want.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:12 PM   #9
juvenile

But think about WHY they are doing it.
Look at how many deaths happend due to street racing!
There is an increase in accidents now, and more and younger people are getting into it and are getting out of control.
The law is just trying to make a measures to regain control.
The laws didn't become more strict, they adapted to the current needs of society.
10 years back, people didn't race on streets, or at least there weren't THAT many people. Now, it's every Tom, Dick and Harry with a Civic that thinks he's the next Fast and the Furious. I must admit that I am guilty of street racing, and that I ***** at cops too, but remembe that they are just trying to save lives.
I'm not saying that these guys were right, or that some asshole cop who didn't get any from his girlfriend is giving you a ticket for 5 over the limit is right, I'm saying that the laws are changing for a reason.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:46 PM   #10
Spazum888
3rd Gear

FIGHT THE MAN! the man always tring to bring you down....

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Spazum888 is offline   Reply With Quote