::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2003, 10:55 AM   #1
Zexamericano

Neon Lights

What do you think the best place to mount a 24" neonblacklight in my civic sedan???????????? I want the light to be seen, but not really the light itself. any ideas???
Old 03-21-2003, 10:13 PM   #2
Shot 2 Hel

underbody or interior
Old 03-21-2003, 10:15 PM   #3
Shot 2 Hel

shit im dumb interior, the only place i could think of would be in the back window, or you could get 2 12's and put one under each seat
Old 03-22-2003, 12:51 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

24" ???? i think it's too big to fit anywhere underneath

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 12:41 AM   #5
eviljayr

yes, much too big, 8-10 should be plenty for under the dash or seats cuz thats the only places i could think of that would have good interior effect, blacklights make the carpet look really dirty if you dont vacuum good. My room looks infested.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:48 AM   #6
Civic98

24" .....ehhh ........i duno where that's going to fit........but good luck
Old 03-26-2003, 08:58 PM   #7
travismitchell

you might get a fine if you put it in you're back window depending on the colour.

a guy in town put a blue one in the back and was told to remove it because only snow removal vehicles are allowed them.

i also got pulled over for having white light on the back of my car other than on the lisence plate.

just thought i'd let you know
Old 03-28-2003, 09:11 AM   #8
Scarlemthug

Maybe put it below your rear seats?
Old 03-28-2003, 10:31 PM   #9
eviljayr

options: window, under seats, under dash. thats all, but i was thinking wouldn't it be crazy to fix up a small neon light and encase it in some transparent sh|t and use em as them things that you hold on to on the roof? not a bright light, and probably not always on, but thats my idea
Old 04-22-2003, 12:46 AM   #10
Mischief(LTS)

you do what i did. run 1 12 inch tube under each seat wired to the cigarette lighter on a pushbutton LED switch. also mount them under the rear portion of the seats. there will be alot of flooring black light and no bulbs to be seen. you can also dremel some panels to fit black light tubes inside. if you do it right it looks very clean

and about the laws: as far as interior neon goes: it is legal for a MOVING car to have blue or any color neon INSIDE the car as long as it does not show visibly on the outside or is not obstructing any windows or the drivers view.

OUTSIDE street glow is LEGAL with non-moving vehicles and show purposes. it is ILLEGAL while car is moving. red and blue are especially illegal while moving because ambulances and fire trucks/emergency vehicles use those colors. it would confuse people