::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2003, 01:33 PM   #1
SeoulJaGirl

Spark Plug Wires

i'm thinking about getting some Nology spark plug wires since my stock ones need replacing, and i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get them for cheaper than $150. i'm trying to get some silver colored wires. the only other wires i've seen that come with silver are vitek, and i don't know too much about them, but i've heard good things about nology. any suggestions? i was thinking about possibly getting a grounding kit too...
Old 07-02-2003, 02:42 PM   #2
nonovurbizniz

A. If you ask me and a lot of people DON'T get nology wires... There is a lot of contradicting info though...

Good... sort of

BAD

Do some research search google about them you'll find lots of negative comments...

B. Grounding kits are not worth buying... I guess for sake of ease it's good but it's just wire... go to a stereo shop and buy good quality wire...

C. The reason for the silver just fyi is it supposedly relfects heat better than any other color... and it's generally a high temp paint used...
Old 07-02-2003, 08:46 PM   #3
SeoulJaGirl

suddenly i feel so lazy for not looking up the articles myself... thanx.
A. oh dear. i just read the "bad"... perhaps i'll get some viteks or something...

B. guess i won't be spending money on that...

C. heh heh... silly me... i only wanted silver cause i thought they looked nice

Thank you so much for taking the time to look up the info for me
Old 07-03-2003, 06:35 PM   #4
oc civic

wow i have a juiced civic and i have had nology for a while now.. put a whole nother bottle through it.. and they are great..

not a dyno sheet
not a high tech scientific study..

just some first hand real world use.. i have had NO negative issues on or off bottle with nology
Old 07-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #5
SeoulJaGirl

really? i've read through some webpages that basically state it's not worth paying upwards of $150 b/c nology's claims are off. so confusing... how long have you had your wires in?
Old 07-04-2003, 09:19 AM   #6
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by SeoulJaGirl
really? i've read through some webpages that basically state it's not worth paying upwards of $150 b/c nology's claims are off. so confusing... how long have you had your wires in?

well yeah they ARE pricey... mine were free so i don't sweat it... i say if you want silver wires.. then get them... do it right (how you want it the first time) even if it is pricey..

ive had them for a few months i guess... they are decent... no issues at all
Old 07-04-2003, 09:56 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

NGK wires

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 08:07 AM   #8
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
wow i have a juiced civic and i have had nology for a while now.. put a whole nother bottle through it.. and they are great..

not a dyno sheet
not a high tech scientific study..

just some first hand real world use.. i have had NO negative issues on or off bottle with nology

Yeah I was going to say I thought you had them....

the problem isn't one which comes out of the box... it's dielectric breakdown of the insulation... which allows the spark to escape out of the wire to the head directly instead of through the spark plug... if it happens you KNOW... if not they perform well... even the negative sites say they work great till they break...

basically a wire is a wire... as long as it has low resistance it's not going to cause problems... but as soon as the burst energy is too much for them and the electrons start finding a faster path to ground they won't be doing near anything.

and you can paint any wire with high temp paint of any color to suit your needs... I'd really recomend ngk or another VERY reputable brand... I'd also shop buy VALUE not price... 150 isn't a good deal for wires that MAY only last 1-2years... 60 or so for ngk's that will probobly last 10 years is a GREAT value...

I have no personal problem with nology I've just heard TONS of bad things about them... no personal experience though.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:48 AM   #9
slowEJ6

i love my oem wires.....yes i do.

i wouldnt spend $150 on some flippin wires.....waste of money.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 12:10 AM   #10
blind34_1

^^what he said.

just walk yourself to autozone or whereever and buy OE spec wires. with those companies, all your paying for is the brand name, the shiny colors, and maybe a slightly better product..maybe. just buy normal stuff, cause its all gonna need replacing later anyway.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote