.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2003, 01:47 AM   #1
Koolaid_Guy

Cheap mods for Stock 98 Honda Civic EX??

Anyone know anything u can take off the car, Add for cheap to get a decent gain etc.. I was thinking remove snorkel from air box etc.. Anyone know anything i can just remove our add for cheap, Thanks Alot
Old 07-03-2003, 08:33 AM   #2
nonovurbizniz

remove the baffleing for the air intake and drill decent size (3/8ths-1/2") holes in the BOTTOM of the box... then get a drop in k&n filter... that should be pretty good.

then if you want cheap but ok... you could go to a local muffler shop and have them put bigger pipping from the cat back... most honda guys think this is lame and you have to buy some retarded trendy catback but it's just not the case... if you relieve a little backpressure off the catback section it'll make a decent amount of difference...

other than that there are no real computer de=tuning sensors... like on some turbo cars..

other than that you could pull you intake manifold and polish it and maybe bore out the stock tb and intake... you could p&P your head but I wouldn't really recomend it... mostly cuz you could damage something but also because it won't do much till you have some more flow needs do to other mods...

speed costs unfortunately.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:53 AM   #3
Koolaid_Guy

Hmm the snorkel should i remove that?? Where is the baffle for the intake?? Can yah point that out to me and kinda give me an idea on what to do??
Old 07-03-2003, 03:08 PM   #4
nonovurbizniz

everything below the box...

You have to take off the bumper... there's a screw mounting it to the fender on either side and then the strip of screws under the hood....

then you pull out that big black box that sits under the bumper on the passenger side... then you can take out the stock box and drill holes in it (JUST THE BOTTOM) DO NOT drill holes on the top side of the box that fits over the filter...

there are a couple of bolts holding that black box in so be patient and don't just yank hard.

the snorkle leads into the box (which is the baffleing) it's all one piece...

good luck.

If you're desperate I can take pics but that won't be till the end of the weekend.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:04 AM   #5
Koolaid_Guy

Pics would be great thanks, it all for a friend's car. He is a honda guy i am more of a ford guy and dunno much about digging with honda's and shit.It's his car so pics would be good for him
Old 07-05-2003, 02:13 PM   #6
sc0rch

go buy 7mm plugwires and turn your distributor 1/4 of a turn......i did it to my 95 and got a noticible gain
Old 07-07-2003, 08:02 AM   #7
nonovurbizniz

I wouldn't blindly advance the timing like that you are REALLY likely to run into serious detonation problems.

as far as pics I have a cai so pics of my setup won't do anything...
Old 07-08-2003, 01:29 PM   #8
nekcuttR

i wouldnt go messin with timing at all unless you really know what ur doing and why are you gettin info for ur friend why cant he get it himself
Old 07-09-2003, 11:24 PM   #9
Shot 2 Hel

if you know how you can tune the distibutor, but otherwise i wouldent recommend it. Tell him to get a cold air intake. My friend got his on ebay for like $36