.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think about this.
Was I in the right and not at fault. 1 5.26%
Was I at Fault? 3 15.79%
Was the other driver at fault? 4 21.05%
Or were both of us at fault? 11 57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2003, 09:25 PM   #1
SeanG

Post Raped By My Honda

I was driving home from work Setember 13th, 2002, at about 7:30pm, which btw was friday the 13th. (bad luck) I turned onto
a main road heading west bound the speed limit is 55, in my 95' Honda Civic vtec, I get up to speed with no problem and the streets are pretty empty exspecialy for a friday night , noone in
front of me for a couple miles, well I notice a truck about a mile infront obviously going very slow, at about a mile away I was doing about 65/70 I notice the vehicle and let off the gas, as I coast closer and closer to the truck I see he isn't speeding up or slowing down no brakes on or turn signals, so I decide to pass,
its a two lane road double lined sold on the oppisite side and dotted on my side, so I know I can pass. I enter the oppsite lane
and begin to pass the truck that is like an 86' nissan with a topper
well I get to about his drivers door when he decides to take a left onto a small side road off of the highway, right before he turns maybe in a paranoid/catious manner out of the corner of my eye I just notice his front left tire turning towards me I am right next to him I lock up my brakes turn slight left and the inevitable happens we hit, my cars toatled and I didn't have insurance(stupid of me) and the police ticket me, with careless driving I disputed the ticket and got it dismissed almost year has gone by I have a toatled car and my drive way and car payments on a car undrivable, the other guys insurance company even tried to send me the bill for his truck , which was before I had the ticket dismissed. Now here I am no car no money and lots of debt.
I would like any opions and ideas on what I can do or should do pm me emial me reply here anything and I would be gratefull.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:34 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

why the hell didnt you have insurance??

well, id say that he was at fault for not having working lights (and you shouldve told the cop that at the time)...but I really have no idea in this scenario

About the car issue, youve got a 94 grandam...whats wrong with that? Nothin can be done about the civic...its toast. Sell it for parts.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 09:35 PM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

crap thats pretty bad.. Gotta have inssurance..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 09:47 PM   #4
SeanG

I did have insurance when I purchased the car, but the insurance
was 100 more then my car payment and money got tight missed a payment on my insurance, and the insurance company canceled it, I had found insurance for a hundred dollars cheaper then my car payment, but I just got paid and just got enough for the downpayment just that night would have been set the next day. And at the moment I am parting out the car so anyone looking for parts from a 95` honda civic ex coupe let me know.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:34 AM   #5
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by SeanG
was 100 more then my car payment and money got tight missed a payment on my insurance, and the insurance company canceled it, I had found insurance for a hundred dollars cheaper then my car payment, but I just got paid and just got enough for the downpayment just that night would have been set the next day. And at the moment I am parting out the car so anyone looking for parts from a 95` honda civic ex coupe let me know.

your lucky that he was not hurt, you are also lucky that they didn't charge you for driving without insurance.. they should have.. its people like you that make insurance high... driving without insurance is stupid and i say you got AT LEAST what you deserve... dont have the money for insurance.. THEN DONT ****ING DRIVE end of story..
Old 06-05-2003, 09:45 AM   #6
Wallythecat

That's a tough one to call...

If he was going slow enough to turn off the highway, you should've known something was up and waited to see what he was going to do.

If he decided to turn off at 50 MPH, I'd call that reckless driving. And if his front tire was at your side door, there's no reason to believe he couldn't or didn't see you (unless you really blew his doors off).

I guess the odds are a little in your favor since you did have the "right" to pass. It could also be a "state" issue because why in the hell do they have a passing lane where a side road enters the freeway? Whoever painted the lines should have been handing out death certificates instead because that's what they should expect for doing something so stupid... but not having insurance is just bad... How can you fight for your rights when you were breaking the law in the first place?

If anything, the cops should have at least checked to see that the truck's turn signals were working. If they didn't work, you'd have a case. If they did work, there's no way to dispute or prove the guy didn't use them and you're SCREWED...

Either way, don't drive without insurance...
Old 06-05-2003, 11:41 AM   #7
Mischief(LTS)

and of course, the #1 cause for accidents these days is the very act of speeding alone. speed=bad. street race=stupid, illegal, wreckless, abusive power (if you happen to have POWER under the hood) id say you both had your faults. take your mistakes and learn from them. because next time, i guarantee you will probably be killed if you do something like that...

this is o/t on your part but this is just some food for thought about street racing, racing in general on streets that arent fit for it. my idiot friend purchased his new acura RSX a while back and the same night he decided to try it out.. to see how fast it was. so he went racing with a mustang down a windy road. at the time, he thought "oh, no cars out, its safe, im a good driver!' so he lost control of his car, and it ended up flipping over about 8 times, totalling the car. the end result, he was hardly injured. and now he is going to do the same thing with the 3000gt he bought to take the place of his RSX. i keep telling him to wake the hell up but whatever, he will probably die too someday of stupidity.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:57 AM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
your lucky that he was not hurt, you are also lucky that they didn't charge you for driving without insurance.. they should have.. its people like you that make insurance high... driving without insurance is stupid and i say you got AT LEAST what you deserve... dont have the money for insurance.. THEN DONT ****ING DRIVE end of story..

Yeah dude, you're most likely SOL on this one.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 02:00 PM   #9
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief(LTS)
and of course, the #1 cause for accidents these days is the very act of speeding alone. speed=bad. street race=stupid, illegal, wreckless, abusive power (if you happen to have POWER under the hood) id say you both had your faults. take your mistakes and learn from them. because next time, i guarantee you will probably be killed if you do something like that...

this is o/t on your part but this is just some food for thought about street racing, racing in general on streets that arent fit for it. my idiot friend purchased his new acura RSX a while back and the same night he decided to try it out.. to see how fast it was. so he went racing with a mustang down a windy road. at the time, he thought "oh, no cars out, its safe, im a good driver!' so he lost control of his car, and it ended up flipping over about 8 times, totalling the car. the end result, he was hardly injured. and now he is going to do the same thing with the 3000gt he bought to take the place of his RSX. i keep telling him to wake the hell up but whatever, he will probably die too someday of stupidity.

i street race all the time and have yet to see an accident...

when i say street race im refering to organized races at secluded roads.. not random races on the street
Old 06-06-2003, 02:33 PM   #10
Mischief(LTS)

ok then :P im referring to random street racing un organized and unsafe. those are the ones that yes, you DO see on the news. did anyone not remember that one with the spanish kid and the mustang who was racing another person, lost control and totally disintegrated an old ladies car? not to mention the old lady herself.. that was local but it was pretty big news. jesus christ people are stupid
Old 06-06-2003, 02:50 PM   #11
Mirkwo0dForest

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief(LTS)
ok then :P im referring to random street racing un organized and unsafe. those are the ones that yes, you DO see on the news. did anyone not remember that one with the spanish kid and the mustang who was racing another person, lost control and totally disintegrated an old ladies car? not to mention the old lady herself.. that was local but it was pretty big news. jesus christ people are stupid

yea i remember that one... Elien Gonzalaz or wutevr the hell the lil shitz name wuz...
Old 06-10-2003, 03:08 PM   #12
SeanG

#1 I wasn't racing nor was I speeding and he was going atleast 30 which is to slow for the highway and to fast to be making a turn in a truck with a topper.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:50 PM   #13
2KSI

I LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
Old 06-26-2003, 09:51 PM   #14
2KSI

BUT I DONT DO IT IN AN UNSAFE MANOR
Old 06-27-2003, 12:37 AM   #15
93Honda

shit, turning at 30 in a truck is a deathwish, that son fo a ***** would have flipped.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:29 PM   #16
MasterVTEC03'SI

Quote:
Originally posted by SeanG

hey did your engine get messed up? or is it just totalled on the side? let me know, email me!!! I need some parts for my 95 coupe EX.

Parts needed is hood, front tie bar, i dont know if i need any of the internals yet but let me know pls, i will buy some parts off of you if you give good price

I did read about your accident and that sux, same shit happend to my car, but my dad crashed it. It wasnt his fault either, he was going straight and some chick turned left from opposite direction and he clipped the back of her. My dad got all her insurance stuff but come to find out that her insurance was never paid so they wernt covered at the time of the accident and my dad only has liability so we dont have uninsured motorist coverage and now we have to pay for the damage and its not even our fault.

soo even with insurance it sux unless you get full coverage with all the other extra little things, and the bill is like 500 a month and shi*. email me!!!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 08:41 AM   #17
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterVTEC03'SI
you get full coverage with all the other extra little things, and the bill is like 500 a month

dunno where you live orhow bad your driving record is...but i live in jersey and my full coverage is $188 a month..
Old 06-30-2003, 08:57 AM   #18
MasterVTEC03'SI

Quote:
dunno where you live orhow bad your driving record is...but i live in jersey and my full coverage is $188 a month..

I live in LA area, and i think here its hella expensive, especially if you live in the ghetto, i got my civic SI and they are chargeing me 216 a month!! just kuzz it says SI but any ways theft rate is up around my area so thats why its a lil more and they charge your for all those lil upgrades like vandalism, if you want your after market stuff to be insured, if you want uninsured motorists, and if you want just 5000 medical for each person that sits in your car when accident happens, and it varies 10,000-250,000 so lil stuff like this make it go up depending on which little things you want.

The cheapest thing i think is liability and you cant get it unless you own your car heh? i pay 30 a month for my 95 coupe and 216 a month for my 03 SI bigg ass diff, fullcoverage cost more a month than my 95 coupe when i was makeing my monthly payments!!!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 04:54 PM   #19
95preludegirl

UT OH

Well it was his fault, because he hit you. But you are screwed for not having a insuarance, so that is your fault. i am really sorry to here about your car. I would find some cash and fix the car.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:09 PM   #20
cashizslick

Quote:

Good call OC - i def. agree w/you on this one.

It sounds to me like you were driving a little wreckless - guess there's nothing you can do.

**but best of luck anyhow.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:42 AM   #21
Pecsovsteel

suck ass story, hey how much is insurance for an 00 SI like around 170 a month since urs was a 216? juss guessing, my i got a suck ass story also. I was on my way to school crossing a main street with stop signs on my side, i check it was clear, i get like 75% of the way across smack get nail by some ford, totally jackin up my rear tire area of my car, then i was found at fault, it was soo dumb i swear, i think the cop didnt believe my story cuz i was some punk teen. SUCKS i feel for u, i had liability also,.