::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2002, 01:45 AM   #1
cyberthug817kiv

Custom Mufflers

Do custom mufflers make much of a difference in HP if you don't have custom exhaust headers and catalyc converter (excuse my spelling)????

Reason I'm asking is because I want to get a custom muff but I want to get more than just a loud noise comming out of my car...

Old 02-04-2002, 04:07 AM   #2
slowEJ6

custom muffler on stock piping will not do anything but give you a more aggressive exhaust tone. custom muffler + custom piping 2" - 2.25" will net you some performance gains but its not a miracle mod.....so you arent going to gain a lot.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 02:41 PM   #3
cyberthug817kiv

that's what I was thinking.... Thanks.... It's all part of exterior cosmetics....

Old 02-04-2002, 03:03 PM   #4
nauticapinoy

hybrid on my stock hatch with just a K&N filter would 2-2 1/4 inch piping be detromental since I really have no mods?casue I was thinking of getting maybe the custom piping in the near future ready to excrete those exhaust gases when i get my b20 swap.So whadayathink?
Old 02-04-2002, 05:33 PM   #5
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by nauticapinoy
hybrid on my stock hatch with just a K&N filter would 2-2 1/4 inch piping be detromental since I really have no mods?casue I was thinking of getting maybe the custom piping in the near future ready to excrete those exhaust gases when i get my b20 swap.So whadayathink?
well.....you said you wanted to go turbo right? and at that point 2.75" piping would be the way to be or 3". but if its going to be a while before you get the turbo then id go ahead and get the 2.25" piping when you swap to the b20. i had 2.25" piping on my D16Y and it was fine.
but lemme know when you plan on going turbo so i can be of a little more help
Old 02-04-2002, 05:48 PM   #6
nauticapinoy

well bro turbo will come awhile after the swap,so that's why I'm gonna try to get an iceman intake when I get my swap,maybe go as far as some used dc headers even.but maybe not, my swap I hope will be at least in by the mid to end of summer so thats a long ways away. and who knows how long turbo comes after that.I wish a bag of money just falls out of the sky and hits me in the head.well maybe falls in front of me(less painful).
Old 02-04-2002, 06:00 PM   #7
slowEJ6

hehe in that case id go ahead with the exhaust piping, 2" should suffice but you can go 2.25" if youd like - might be better when you swap with 2.25". shouldnt be any problems while D16ed either.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:26 PM   #8
nauticapinoy

thanx for the input bro
Old 02-04-2002, 11:19 PM   #9
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by nauticapinoy
thanx for the input bro
np, ill take pics of my exhaust pipe and stuff just cuz im hella bored and have a digicam